PDA

View Full Version : Apologising

BurntOutAndBroken
17-11-15, 14:00
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else apologises for stuff all the time? I'm permanently saying sorry.

Is this normal for anxiety?

Jamesk
17-11-15, 14:17
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone else apologises for stuff all the time? I'm permanently saying sorry.

Is this normal for anxiety?

Yup. All the time.

Sorry for butting into your thread.
(See what I mean)

Seriously I do as well and I think it is connected.

swgrl09
17-11-15, 14:27
I do too. I have tried to really think about it before saying it, but it's automatic sometimes.

BurntOutAndBroken
17-11-15, 14:38
Hi

Thanks for both of your replies. I'm so pleased that it is not just me

I can hear myself saying it, and just can't stop saying sorry, even when things are nothing to do with me, and not my fault!

Jamesk
17-11-15, 14:54
Hi

Thanks for both of your replies. I'm so pleased that it is not just me

I can hear myself saying it, and just can't stop saying sorry, even when things are nothing to do with me, and not my fault!

Great name by the way - just how I feel today! :(

mark84
17-11-15, 16:49
Sorry to hear about this, I'm also very sorry for replying. Yes I do it too, quite normal, but try and stop it :)

BurntOutAndBroken
17-11-15, 16:52
Sorry to hear about this, I'm also very sorry for replying. Yes I do it too, quite normal, but try and stop it :)
Lol thanks

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Great name by the way - just how I feel today! :(

Thanks. Burnt out was what the doc put on my sick note!

Pepperpot
17-11-15, 17:15
I don't think it has anything to do with anxiety, I think it is the British people as a whole. I mean, if someone stopped you on the street and asked for a light for their cig, you would say "Sorry I don't smoke". You are in effect apologising for not smoking hahahaha, but it's what we do lol x

BurntOutAndBroken
17-11-15, 17:25
I know that's true Pepperpot but I apologise way more now my anxieties have flared up again

MyNameIsTerry
17-11-15, 23:11
I've always had a problem with thinking I have upset people but it definitely got worse with my anxiety. If I had arguments I would spend hours not only re running them in my mind but also feeling bad even if I wasn't in the wrong. But I think Pepperpot is also right that as a people we are more apologetic.

It's just anxiety isn't it, it takes normal personality traits and inflates them.

It's better than not caring though.

swgrl09
18-11-15, 01:48
The most frustrating is when I catch myself apologizing for something I don't need to, and then I apologize FOR APOLOGIZING! This happens mostly with my husband, because he reminds me I don't need to. Then I say I'm sorry for forgetting not to say I'm sorry. Vicious cycle!!!!

BurntOutAndBroken
18-11-15, 08:29
The most frustrating is when I catch myself apologizing for something I don't need to, and then I apologize FOR APOLOGIZING! This happens mostly with my husband, because he reminds me I don't need to. Then I say I'm sorry for forgetting not to say I'm sorry. Vicious cycle!!!!

Omg ditto!

Magic
18-11-15, 14:25
I do it all the time . I say sorry even if it is not my fault. Sorry should have been my middle name:shrug:

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-15, 22:41
Elton John should have done a B side of "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" for us :D

CherryRed12
25-11-15, 13:44
I find myself doing this all the time! I think it has something to do with confidence (doesn't all anxiety?) since my brain tells me I'm inconveniencing or annoying people all the time, or maybe I've overstepped my mark somehow...

(I am new here. And realise that I actually feel like apologising for butting in :blush:)

Spikie
21-12-15, 10:10
What frustrates me is that someone upsets me, I tell them I am upset, then some strangeness happens, then suddenly I feel I'm in the wrong so I apologise to them. For upsetting me.

#Sigh#