PDA

View Full Version : Scared that I may be developing Schizophrenia

JimmyBoy1
17-11-15, 19:50
Just to give some background I have suffered from OCD more or less all my life and do have social anxiety.

About a week ago I did something incredibly stupid, I smoked weed two days in a row. At first I felt great when I did it but as the days have passed I'm feeling worse and worse to the point where I actually think that I'm developing schizophrenia.

My symptoms are racing thoughts which seem to be occurring 24/7. More concerning however is the fact that I feel generally very confused and my thoughts are all muddled and sometimes when I'm thinking I have memory lapses. I also have difficulty concentrating when trying to read an article. Thought disorder is a symptom of schizophrenia. Now this has only really come to a head in the last 2 days or so, so perhaps I'm jumping the gun but I'm scared and generally feeling very anxious.

Am I developing schizophrenia or are any of these features a symptom of anxiety?

MrAndy
17-11-15, 20:13
its anxiety ,unless you are hearing voices and or seeing visual illusions you havent got schizophrenia

GingerFish
17-11-15, 20:20
This is definitely anxiety. I suffer from severe OCD and its been very bad lately along with general anxiety and I had the same symptoms as you did and I really thought I was going around the twist. I even called up NHS24 saying I thought I was going crazy or having a breakdown or needed sectioned but they reassured me it was my anxiety as I could tell my thoughts were racing and the fact I was worried about having schizophrenia showed I didn't have it. Took me a whole to accept it was just anxiety. I definitely recommend staying well away from weed while you have any kind of anxiety disorder. It made me panicky and paranoid as hell and I've only tried it once. I've got nothing against weed, it just doesn't help those in our situation.