PDA

View Full Version : Severe faintess

Angelai
17-11-15, 20:01
Can anyone help please? Earlier today, out of nowhere, I started having waves of really bad fainting feelings. I didn't actually pass out, but my vision was starting to disappear - very scary. Then some spinny feelings. At the time I was sat in a very quiet bar - just 4 of us, no one else in there. I had just had a coffee (I usually avoid caffeine because it can trigger a panic attack). I had also had a pepsi max about an hour or 2 before that. I went outside for some air, the faintness eased a little but I still didn't feel right.

So, next I started experiencing symptoms that I could recognise as panic - trembling, palpitations, then chest pain. A little nausea. I took a diazepam, but it didn't settle me very much.

This all started about 5 hours ago, and I'm still feeling... odd? Does anyone else experience fainting, or near-fainting as a first, or even pre- panic attack symptom? Or could it be that there was some other reason for the faintness, and the panic was a reaction to the faintness? I hadn't been feeling stressed or anxious at all, this all came out of nowhere. And I really don't feel right still, the diazepam didn't do much (I take it very rarely, this was only about the fourth one this year).

I'm confused and a bit scared, which is keeping me anxious. It felt different to any other panic I've ever had before.

iwantpeace
18-11-15, 08:09
i've expirienced near fainting.
some people when are having severe panic attacks faint.
i fainted once when i got up from the bed very quick and everything went black,