PDA

View Full Version : MoodTools - useful app for depression and anxiety

ADW
18-11-15, 10:16
Hi all, I've recently started using this app that i found, it's really easy to use and has loads of resources and methods of self help. Here is the description below and the link to their website for more info.

MoodTools is a free, convenient, and easy-to-use smartphone app that provides six evidence-based tools to aid against clinical depression and negative moods on a large scale. We pride ourselves on being Simple, Evidence-based, and Free. MoodTools aims to go above and beyond by incorporating comprehensive therapy tools, smooth design, and a no-nonsense, ad-free layout.

MoodTools is perfect either as a self-help tool or as a supplement to treatment. It contains the following tools:

Depression Information - Read basic information, detailed self-help guides, and find help with internet resources

Depression Test - Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire and track your symptom severity over time

Videos - Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks

Thought Diary - Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative / distorted thinking patterns based on principles from Cognitive Therapy

Activities - Regain your energy by performing energizing activities and tracking which activities improve your mood the most, based on principles from Behavioral Activation Therapy

Safety Plan - Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and utilize emergency resources during a suicidal crisis

I hope someone finds this useful!

jimsmrs
18-11-15, 14:56
Thanks for that!!!!!! downloading from App store now

ADW
18-11-15, 15:18
You're welcome!