PDA

View Full Version : Can I exercise AFTER and echocardiogram?

ScarletSpeedster
18-11-15, 10:19
Hey guys! Hope all is well!

As some of you may know, I had an echocardiogram last Thursday due to one of my doctors finding a bit of a heart murmur. She ordered an echo just to be safe and said she thinks everything is fine, and that it may have been there since I was born. My primary doctor also said he saw no point in an echo, as last time he used a stethoscope, he thought everything sounded fine (even though he did no mention the murmur, as many people have them, and my ECG was normal).

So, the nurse at the hospital said it was going to be ten days to two weeks to learn of the results, but if anything worrying was found, I'd hear a lot sooner. It has now been about seven days, with no call, so can I assume that I can exercise as everything so far sounds okay?

Exercise helps me stay a bit calmer throughout the day, so I am going slightly mad by not doing any, and my anxiety is all over the place.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :hugs:

dizzy daisy
18-11-15, 16:02
Hi scarlet. I'm sure after 7 days you'd have heard something back if there was anything too worrying with your test results. I don't know what to say regarding the exercise part but I suppose even people who have had s heart attack are advised to exercise these days. I'm sure that it would no ok to exercise unless you have been instructed not to by your doctor. May e you could just do some gentle exercise for now if you're worried? Something like yoga maybe?
Xxxx

ScarletSpeedster
18-11-15, 21:52
Thank you so much Dizzy, once again.

I decided just to do ten minutes of light jogging and walk the dog for fifteen minutes. It is not a lot, but it was enough at the time to take my mind off any other worries.

I am still waiting to hear about the results for my echo, but I am also with you in hoping that after a week, if anything troubling had been found, I'd have been called by now.

Thanks again, and hope all is well :hugs:

dizzy daisy
19-11-15, 13:45
You're welcome scarlet.
I'm still being silly and haven't dared call my GP yet re blood results. It's been a week and a half now since I had them done. I've gone back to work this week to just force myself into getting back into a routine. I'm eating now which is great and sleeping a bit better, although I keep having bad dreams. I'm still feeling a bit tired too but I feel I'm Not as bad as I was last week. I'll take the positive where I can xxxx

dizzy daisy
22-11-15, 09:31
Hi scarlet. Just wondered how you are and if you had any news from your GP yet the the echo results? Xxxx

nomorepanic
22-11-15, 14:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.