PDA

View Full Version : Pupils, Pressure headaches and general worry

Xeonocide
18-11-15, 20:19
So I posted awhile back wondering about tumours. After all if you have a headache for longer then 3 weeks this is only natural right? I have since relaxed my fears as I have have a neurological test done by my GP, seen an eye surgeon for an examination, and engage in CBT every week and he assures me I'm fine.

Like most of us I'm still worried. You see, these "headaches" are not headaches per say but simply a feeling of pressure on the front of my temple. Second I mentioned before that one pupil was more dialated then the other (but apparantley reacts fine to light) but since then I notice that every now and again its a different eye. As in one day one pupil is bigger then the other and the next it changes. What gives?

I will note that I am regularly stressed and now taking doctor prescribed clonazapam daily but I'm still concerned as much of the medical literature states that every sensation we experience has an underlying physical cause. Just looking for some input.

Stay happy and healhty all.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

And yes I have checked under similar lighting conditions.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

As the day wanes on... headache is worse. Thought it was better yesterday but oh well. Still doesn't feel like a traditional headache but more pressure like. Took ibprophen a bunch of times 2 weeks ago (every day) and switched to tylenol yesterday which seemed to help but I'm trying to avoid taking any more painkillers. I just want this to go away and I'm sick of seeing doctors.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Anyone?

Holds1325
18-11-15, 22:54
Ive had headaches off and on for months. Ibuprofen doesn't touch them, neither does most painkillers, EXCEPT excedrin, the kind with caffiene in em, cleans em up, but I hate the jitters it gives me.

My headaches radiate from my neck. I never thought this at first mind you, i was convinced I had a tumor or some hidden aneurysm I was going to die from and simply refused this because my neck didn't hurt and moving my neck didn't do anything.

I switched my pillow out, did neck exercises, drank more water, headache subsides somewhat but still comes on regularly. Had tests done, i'm fine, its just stress mostly since I've had them for so long.

I notice when I take my mind off of them the intensity lessens though.

Also mine are pressure headaches, mostly mid forehead, behind eye, I hate em.

As far as the underlying cause to every physical symptom, its most likely just stress or not being limber enough regarding posture etc.

Xeonocide
19-11-15, 01:44
Thanks its just a recent phenomenon and a worrying one at that. Sometimes they're worse in the am other tines at night but they seem constant, abliet on the mild side and don't feel like traditional headaches. Combined with the weird eye incidences it leaves me quite convinced there's some physical ailment at play.

---------- Post added 19-11-15 at 01:44 ---------- Previous post was 18-11-15 at 23:46 ----------

I have also been doing a lot of martial arts so I wonder if a pulled neck muscle or something could contribute to this.

Xeonocide
19-11-15, 15:05
Woke up with feeling of pressure again:( feels a bit better since getting out of bed and once again its the alternate eye that's more dialated. This makes no sense. Why would it keep changing.