PDA

View Full Version : agoraphobia and anxiety. attacks

durge69
18-11-15, 18:31
Hi am 40 and had agoraphobia. Since i was 18. I was weened off Kolonopin and trying other medications and nothing seems to work and am still fealing the effects off my kolonopin... seems like it was the only thing that helped. Iam starting to feal house bound, i dont wanna go outside at all , the fear is killing me. Panic and anxiety attacks all day. Anybody know any remedies or and meds that helped them. Please help fealing helpless. Ty

ana
18-11-15, 21:27
Hello there,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling so much because I can relate to what you are going through. I've suffered with anxiety for almost 15 years now, and it's mostly been from agoraphobia.
First, I think you should try and think about what caused this particular bad spell of anxiety. Something must have brought it on. The first thing that comes to mind is usually the right thing, the answer you're looking for.

Getting out of agoraphobia is really difficult and there are no quick fixes, unfortunately. It's all about forcing yourself to go out, and slowly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. I've been on a variety of meds, but have got on well with Rivotril.

I really wish you to get better soon!

eva82
20-11-15, 16:28
Hi! I'm having the exact same issue. Was on Ativan (another type of benzo) for years and recently weaned off. Feeling pretty bad most days and agoraphobia is starting to kick in again. I've also been having a lot of trouble staying by myself for fear I'll have a bad panic attack and no one will be around to help me. It's pretty awful. I'm 33 and feel like I'm such a burden on my family. But we will get through this. Coming off benzos can lead to setback but in the end, we will be stronger because we will have learned how to
cope with the anxiety and panic on our own. I am currently taking Buspar which is a mild daily medication for anxiety. It does help some but in the end, all medication does is mask or put a band aid on the real issues. Eventually when people come off them, most realize that they are no better than before and find a new one to replace the old med. Have you tried other coping techniques like CBT therapy or meditation? Eating right and exercise can also be just as helpful As medication when dealing with anxiety. :)