PDA

View Full Version : Back pain and random pain

MetalYeti
19-11-15, 10:04
I'm currently experiencing pain in all sorts of different areas. I'm very much aware that a bad couple of weeks has left me incredibly tense and I know how that can lead to pain and soreness but it's still freaking me out. I've got a deadly sharp pain in my upper jaw and I've had a headache for days now. The thing that is freaking me out most though is pain in my back. I do get stiff and sore from tension but this feels different, it actually gives a stinging pain when I lean back in my chair and put pressure right in the middle of my back. It's freaking me out because it's where my spine is and I'm sure you can imagine the things I'm thinking it might be! Please someone tell me they've had this and it turned out to be nothing! I will go to the doctors if it carries on but I know from experience that with back problems they don't even want to know unless it's been a problem for weeks, which it hasn't.

kellie39
19-11-15, 14:30
ive got the same feeling with my back, i have never had anxiety before and have had 3 nearly 4 weeks of feeling terrible and now the middle of my back is aching.
im sure its because we are tense even if we dont know we are tense.
im really hoping it goes away soon as worry/thinking of my back is making my anxiety last longer.

Lifelonganxiety!
19-11-15, 17:15
I get all kinds of aches and pains. I have to constantly remind myself to relax muscles. Even when I'm lying in bed I sometimes realize I'm as stiff as a board and when I relax muscles I see just how tense I am. This can cause so many problems with headaches and body aches to fatigue.

Feel how you are at most points of the day, then if you can untense and see your shoulders drop or neck loosen then you're probably holding a lot of tension in your muscles - causing the pain in your back.

For the pain, try massage or using heating pads for a few hours. Might help!

kellie39
19-11-15, 17:43
I get all kinds of aches and pains. I have to constantly remind myself to relax muscles. Even when I'm lying in bed I sometimes realize I'm as stiff as a board and when I relax muscles I see just how tense I am. This can cause so many problems with headaches and body aches to fatigue.

Feel how you are at most points of the day, then if you can untense and see your shoulders drop or neck loosen then you're probably holding a lot of tension in your muscles - causing the pain in your back.

For the pain, try massage or using heating pads for a few hours. Might help!

it is amazing how you can think you are relaxed but your not isnt it? ive noticed this before i even had this anxiety attack, i would lay in bed and wonder why i couldnt go to sleep and then realised i was laying there quick stiff and now relaxing. i think relaxing can be quite hard sometimes.
ive noticed that ive been clenching my jaw as well and its only when i think oh my jaw aches that i notice im doing it.

MetalYeti
20-11-15, 11:22
I'm sure you're right, my boyfriend tried to rub my back the other day and said it was like massaging a sheet of cast iron! My posture is horrendous right now, I keep suddenly finding I'm completely hunched over and and skewed at a funny angle with my shoulders round my ears and my torso all twisted up. I just don't know how I end up like that!

kellie39
20-11-15, 11:52
I'm sure you're right, my boyfriend tried to rub my back the other day and said it was like massaging a sheet of cast iron! My posture is horrendous right now, I keep suddenly finding I'm completely hunched over and and skewed at a funny angle with my shoulders round my ears and my torso all twisted up. I just don't know how I end up like that!

i always had good posture but im finding i slumped on the sofa ect
we just dont seem to notice at the time do we.
how are you feeling today?
xx

MetalYeti
20-11-15, 15:48
Not quite as bad actually, I still have points of pain in certain places but no where near as bad as the last couple of days, it had got to the point where I couldn't turn my head without pain and the muscles spasming and locking up. I'm trying really hard to sit properly and keep my shoulders down. I'm trying to make sure I don't get too cold either. The temperature has really dropped here the last few days and I've realised that just sitting at my desk getting cold is also making me hunch up. Are you feeling any better?

kellie39
20-11-15, 16:30
Not quite as bad actually, I still have points of pain in certain places but no where near as bad as the last couple of days, it had got to the point where I couldn't turn my head without pain and the muscles spasming and locking up. I'm trying really hard to sit properly and keep my shoulders down. I'm trying to make sure I don't get too cold either. The temperature has really dropped here the last few days and I've realised that just sitting at my desk getting cold is also making me hunch up. Are you feeling any better?

im trying to stay positive, its hard sometimes as its too easy to be negative and let the fear that something is wrong creep in there.
i did it today - i was out having a coffee and thought "oh my backs not hurting today" and then bingo my back started hurting !! its bot pain as such but a feeling but you know what its like you cant stop focusing on it which makes it feel worse. ive never had anxiety like this before so this is all new to me.
glad you feel a bit better today and fingers crossed you will feel even better tomorrow
xx

MetalYeti
20-11-15, 18:29
I know exactly what you mean, as soon as i start thinking about it the pain gets really bad! Stoopid brain!

kellie39
20-11-15, 18:32
I know exactly what you mean, as soon as i start thinking about it the pain gets really bad! Stoopid brain!

drives you crazy doesn it :mad: