PDA

View Full Version : Bone sticking out.

stressedanxious
19-11-15, 13:07
Does anyone else have this? I noticed a couple of months for the first time in the mirror a bone sticking out.

I am talking about the upper ribs near the collarbone. My right rib below the collarbone sticks out, however the left one does not. I am scared that my bones might have moved somehow, I can't think of any other logical explanation.

I looked at some pictures of me before I was pregnant and I didnt have that bone sticking out in the pictures before, but now I do have this bone sticking out. Its on my right side, my right side of my boob is a lot bigger then the other side as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Im 10 months post partum, and breastfeeding.

I went to the nurse practitioner a few months ago and he said its probably always been like that but I havent noticed because my boobs are not sagging which causes the bone to show more. I am so scared it could be something serious. :( I don't know what to do, I cant stop looking at the bone. I stopped worrying about it for a couple of months, but now I am paranoid about it again. I cant stop obsessing about it.

Can someone with upper ribs different or asymmetrical upper ribs please answer, I am going out of my mind with worry.

Thanks.

Fishmanpa
19-11-15, 13:10
We're all asymmetrical to various degrees. Having HA and being hyper-aware of your body along with the plethora of hormones coursing through your body after having a child are contributing to your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
19-11-15, 13:13
We're all asymmetrical to various degrees. Having HA and being hyper-aware of your body along with the plethora of hormones coursing through your body after having a child are contributing to your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

I understand what you mean, but I looked at pictures of me before I was pregnant and the bone was not there, I am just panicking so much. Why is it poking out now? :( Ugh I am so scared.

Fishmanpa
19-11-15, 13:15
I understand what you mean, but I looked at pictures of me before I was pregnant and the bone was not there, I am just panicking so much. Why is it poking out now? :( Ugh I am so scared.

That's your anxiety talking....

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
19-11-15, 18:59
Does anyone else have the same thing?:weep:

stressedanxious
20-11-15, 13:29
:weep:

stressedanxious
25-11-15, 08:41
:shrug:

daisyflower
25-11-15, 09:33
One of mine sticks out more than the other. Don't forget that pregnancy causes a massive change in your body too. I wouldn't worry about it at all but I know that's easier said than done with anxiety X

stressedanxious
25-11-15, 09:42
Thank you, I am trying to not worry about it, but its scary because it wasn't like this before, and I just am not used to looking this way, and I am scared its something serious. I have had hypochondria for many years. :/

Thanks for the reply, I am trying not to freak out, but its 4:40 am here where I am at and Ive been up worrying about it. I don't understand why one side sticks out and the other doesn't. Ugh this is stressful. :emot-fail:

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 ----------

One of mine sticks out more than the other. Don't forget that pregnancy causes a massive change in your body too. I wouldn't worry about it at all but I know that's easier said than done with anxiety X

Is it the same bone as mine that sticks out?

Bonnibelle
25-11-15, 09:48
Yes. My ribs on my right side stick out far more on the left. When I had a breast examination recently even the GP commented on how high my bones were right up to my collar bones. The left side the are alot less obvious. I worried at first but was told it's fine.

daisyflower
25-11-15, 10:33
You aren't supposed to be perfectly symmetrical, nobody is. I have bony bits that stick out one on side of my body and not the other side all over and yes, it's my right side above my right breast that sticks out more, the bones feel lumper and more pronounced than my left. Go back to bed and think happy thoughts and try and get some sleep X