PDA

View Full Version : What is this

Em.ma
19-11-15, 13:25
Past few days I've had a sore throat and a ever so slight cough every few hours. Also tip of tounge feels a bit swollen/enlarged and a bit sore . However it's not devolving into a cold. I feel well. Will this turn into a cold? I feel so confused and worried I have mouth/throat cancer

Savvy_Darling
19-11-15, 20:47
Do you smoke or chew tobacco? If not than probably less likely to be mouth/throat cancer. You could have a virus, this is the season to get bugs and virus'. I would say boost your immune system by buying some vitamin c lozenges... Or buying some cold medicine anyways just to see if that helps in any way. Not too sure about the tounge but I feel like I've read somewhere that a swollen tip of tounge can indicate stress. Just keep an eye on things and also think about buying what I said about the cold medicine or vitamin c tablets to help with immune system and if all else fails, make an apt with a doctor so they can check you out and if it's just a cold give you some better medicine. Feel better and try not to stress too much because if you do have a cold, stress just lowers immunity. Take care of yourself and eat healthier right now as well.

swgrl09
20-11-15, 00:00
You may have bitten your tongue in your sleep and have an unrelated cold. I recently bit mine and hurt for three or four days!

Fishmanpa
20-11-15, 01:03
I'm not a doctor but I am a head and neck cancer survivor. What you describe is not indicative of oral cancer.

Positive thoughts