PDA

View Full Version : Tried my hardest today and it all went wrong :(

Chlobo
19-11-15, 18:20
Took my toddler to soft play earlier. Got there and still have this horrible weakness feeling in my right arm. I signed our names and thought how horrible my arm felt which got me worrying. Went into the soft play area and my right leg suddenly felt odd! Like it was weak like the arm. I had a full on panic attack and had to leave and go home. Does this sound like anxiety to anyone? I mean I'm so scared of something sinister in my brain. 2 doctors have said the weak arm is pregnancy related and I also have HA so focusing on it doesn't help it. But now my leg! I mean I was so close to calling an ambulance, my leg feels better than it did, but it still feels strange. This is the first time I've been out properly in ages and can't believe this happened. I have therapy starting Monday.

kellie39
19-11-15, 18:33
glad you leg is better now, i cant answer if its normal as its not a symptom ive had but i know how powerful the mind can be and when we are anxious we focus on things so much it can be intense.

i know its easier said than done but try to relax and distract yourself (oh if only i could take my own advice lol) and im sure everything will settle down a bit for you.
xx

Traceypo
20-11-15, 09:22
Really pleased you're starting therapy, that's a huge step to recovery.
From experience, when I'm in a health anxiety cycle (I've suffered 8 years, but have had long periods in between where things have been good), I'm so hyper sensitive to any sensation in my body. Any small twinge is taken out of context and becomes my only focus, by doing that, I'm feeling the twinge more, for example, during my last cycle I had a tingling nose, constantly, I'd diagnosed myself with all kinds, and I'm sure I wrote a thread on here. Guess what, my cycle of anxiety is ending and my nose is absolutely fine.
The brain / mind is so powerful, for example if someone mentions headlice, you itch, knowing full well you don't have them but it's a powerful connection between the two.
When I was pregnant, I would get leg cramps, horrible painful things but eventually they would pass, I didn't suffer with anxiety at that time so it was far easier to ignore.
My best advice to you, give therapy your all, take a notebook with you to record each session, complete all homework, even if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Take yourself outside of your safe zone and you'll come to realise that your safe zone gets bigger and bigger. CBT has made a great impact on my life. Whilst I'm not anxiety free, the cycles are less frequent and I can recognise them quickly and address them. It also gives you a great insight into behaviour and a better understanding as to why we feel that way.
Wishing you luck and happiness. Xxx

Chlobo
20-11-15, 18:01
Feel like this can't be anxiety. And for therapy to work surely you have to believe it's anxiety. Feel like a useless mother, couldn't even take her to play for an hour or 2. I still feel guilty and angry

Traceypo
20-11-15, 20:11
All of us have that doubt that it 'cant just be anxiety', once you start therapy you should hopefully feel stronger. Don't feel like a failure, you dont choose to feel the way you do and you're doing all you can to get better.
Xxx

Lifelonganxiety!
20-11-15, 21:54
It can most definitely be caused by anxiety.

I've had all the sensations that you mention, been getting them on and off for years and there's nothing serious wrong with me.

The sensations suck, the feelings of weakness or dizziness or balance issues are horrible, but... it's anxiety messing with you.