PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics query

Randara
19-11-15, 22:28
I've been prescribed some antibiotics this week for chronic Eustachian tube dysfunction (possibly chronic sinusitis? causing it?)

Since starting the course I've definitely felt they're doing something to me as I've been getting sinus pressure and more ear pain and a lot more post nasal drip. I've been pretty tired too! I suppose I've been feeling worse, how I describe it is its like I can feel my body fighting the infection (sounds mad I know haha).

Just wanted to check that it is normal for antibiotics to make you feel worse before you get better? I am definitely going to carry on with them it's just I've only had antibiotics once in the past so don't have anything to compare it to!

nomorepanic
19-11-15, 22:33
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Njoy704
30-11-15, 21:36
Hi. I had the same reaction to amoxicillin clavulanate that I was taking recently. I'm going back to the doctor because although it cleared my congestuon, I still have an ear pressure type pain. How have you been? Did you figure it out? The ear pressure also included some neck pressure pain for me.

Randara
01-12-15, 15:33
Hey, to be how at I don't know if they worked! I've still got swollen glands and some ear pressure and have been having ear pain. But, I finished work last week and have been letting myself just relax and it's made me pretty tired so I'm wondering if the problem was that I was so busy before that I wasn't letting myself get over this illness.

Planning on going back to doctors tomorrow to get a referral to ENT. I'm not interested in getting antibiotics again until I've had some tests.

How are you getting on?

Njoy704
08-01-16, 07:03
Hey, to be how at I don't know if they worked! I've still got swollen glands and some ear pressure and have been having ear pain. But, I finished work last week and have been letting myself just relax and it's made me pretty tired so I'm wondering if the problem was that I was so busy before that I wasn't letting myself get over this illness.

Planning on going back to doctors tomorrow to get a referral to ENT. I'm not interested in getting antibiotics again until I've had some tests.

How are you getting on?

For some reason I don't get any notifications on posts so I didn't even realize you answered back. Sorry for the late reply. I actually had a doctor's appointment today because the ear pain and pressure has continued for over a month now. He said it's eustachian tube dysfunction but he couldn't see any infection so he didn't give me any antibiotics. Just a steroid nasal spray and told me to take calritin. Guess we'll see if it works.