PDA

View Full Version : can anxiety make you feel dizzy

maria26
21-11-15, 14:11
For the last week I have had this constant dizzy feeling even when totally still I sometimes get waves. I have had a lot of problems with health anxiety but this is the worst.
I dont feel like I will fall but it is an awful wozzy lightheaded feeling.

Can anxiety do this I have had a very anxious year but it started after a good day with temple pains and then the dizzy. My neck is tight and I feel fuzzy and unclear.

Has anyone ever had this and how are you know. This is making me even more anxious

Please I really need some support
Maria

ADW
21-11-15, 14:44
Yes, i experience all of this as you describe as part of my anxiety, i think the more tense i get about it and the more worried i become about it the more anxious i get and the more anxious i get the more dizzy and tight in my neck and throat i get. I try to lie down and do something distracting, easy and fun. It's really hard to get rid of the tightness though and the dizzyness will continue even when i'm still too. Deep breathing exercises also help. But it is an ongoing problem for me.

dizzy daisy
21-11-15, 15:01
Yes I'm suffering this too. It's a real pain and like you say it makes you feel more anxious when it happens. It's like a vicious circle. Xxxx

Bonnibelle
21-11-15, 16:22
I'm experiencing something very similar the last 2 weeks and it's flared up my anxiety terribly. It feels like the floor is moving lile when you're on a boat or lift. I feel unsteady under foot and in my head I feel it too. If im sat down I am ok.

I'm finding it very frightening to the point I am sitting far more at home.

B x

dizzy daisy
21-11-15, 17:08
I'm feeling really panicky now right out of the blue. It's really upsetting me. I'm also feeling tired which I keep getting on and off too for the last few weeks which only makes me panic more xxxx

Bonnibelle
21-11-15, 18:29
I feel exactly the same with it. I just had a horrible panicky spell when walking around. It panics me because I go heavy in my head, my throat feels heavy and I just feel so unsteady on my feet, it terrifies me. I am told it's anxiety but I am not convinced. That's why we go into panic.

Have you ever read Claire Weekes book? that's really good.

B

dizzy daisy
21-11-15, 18:40
I've heard about it Bonni but I've never read it. Maybe I should do. I'll look into that. Just so flippin frustrated.
Xxxx

Bonnibelle
21-11-15, 19:17
It's a great read, really helpful and i think it might help you with the physical anxiety. Also another good one is At Last a Life by Paul David.

B

Steph_
21-11-15, 19:32
I had this last week for the first time in years. Dizziness and a feeling of pressure in my head. Spent the whole day at work thinking I was having a stroke. I eventually googled which for once helped me as I read dizziness and pressure can be caused by anxiety.

dizzy daisy
21-11-15, 19:38
Thanks Steph. Isn't it odd that while I've had all this stuff before but because it's been under control for a few years it's such a horrible shock when it comes back!! Xxxx

Steph_
21-11-15, 19:59
It's crazy, I started getting the sudden creeping feeling of panic too for no reason again and even though I've experienced it so many times before it still scares me as much as the first time. It's like the rational part of my brain switches off and no matter how many times I tell myself it's only anxiety and it'll pass, I don't believe it at the time.

dizzy daisy
21-11-15, 20:14
I know it's horrendous. It's all part of the disorder I suppose. Just do flippin mad that I've managed to control it for so long and now I can't. I know the only way I can get better is to just relax and accept it and just carry on regardless until it subsides. My rational mind tells me all of this but it's very hard when you're in the middle of it to just relax and not panic about it xxxx

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Steph, are you working? I just wondered if you cope ok being at work. I am and had to take almost 3 weeks off because I'd got in such a state. I went back last week on short days which was really helpful to me. I'm not sure I'm ready to do full days again just yet but at the same time I can't wait to just be back to normal. Xxx

yodascat
22-11-15, 10:21
I'm late to this thread but yes I've been noticing that I've been feeling dizzy these past few years. These past few years has also been when my HA and GAD has been the worst by far. I can understand that it's pretty much a viscous cycle with all these symptoms potentially manifesting in other more siister conditions. But if it's on and off and not all the time it's just anxiety.

nomorepanic
22-11-15, 14:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

maria26
22-11-15, 15:08
Can you tell me where my post has been oved to as I cannot locate it. Sorry if it was in the wrong place.

AnxiousLife
22-11-15, 16:25
I am feeling quite dizzy today myself...was going to post about it, then saw this. Not sure what is causing it as I don't feel particularly anxious today? But I know it is going to send me into panic mode soon enough!