PDA

View Full Version : Migraine or tension headaches

shirlp
21-11-15, 18:28
Hi haven't posted before. But I'm curious about pains and feelings in my head.. Head feels very heavy. And feels like its going to explode.. I get pain above one eye, but all my head feels heavy. I don't have any idea what is going on there .

shirlp
22-11-15, 17:08
I think the worst thing about all this is the anxiety but I'm not sure why I feel this way. Sick and headachey. Anxiety sky high..

shirlp
23-11-15, 08:35
My headache has changed today. Its running from my neck over the top of my head. Dull pain now

racdun
25-11-15, 20:07
Its a tension headache shirlp. Try massaging it or roll a tennis ball around where its sore

GingerFish
26-11-15, 10:59
It sounds like a tension headache, if it were a migraine you would know all about it and wouldn't be able to look at a screen or type. Tension headaches can be really painful too though and last even longer than a migraine. If you touch where it hurts and it feels tender to touch, that also indicates that its a tension headache. I feel like my tension headaches start from the back of my neck and go all the way around to my forehead. My neck and forehead are agony to touch. The anxiety from worrying about the headache is probably causing the nausea and sickness you feel. Best thing for a tension headache, other than cutting out the stress that is causing it, is to take some simple painkillers and relax as much as you can - try a hot bath or shower, do some gentle exercise and also make sure you're eating and drinking enough as being hungry or dehydrated can make headaches worse.