PDA

View Full Version : Slight Lymph Node Scare

HoldingoutforHope
22-11-15, 02:36
Hi! I have a slight problem that I need a second insight on. A couple of weeks ago I noticed an unusual "tugging sensation" in my lower right side. I went to the doctors and they said it wasn't really anything to worry about. I had a pelvic exam done and everything was good. A couple days later I noticed that one of my lymph nodes in my groin area was larger than the rest. Of course I automatically thought the worst and went back to the doctors for a follow up exam. She noticed the lymph node but said it was movable and not a worrying sign since she knew that I was automatically thinking lymphoma :blush: She said to keep an eye on it just for safety of my thoughts.

Having Health Anxiety I keep poking at it to make sure it doesn't get any better and well...does such habits cause lymph nodes to swell? Its still movable and smaller than my fingertip so is this just a ridiculous sign of my HA? :huh:

daisyflower
22-11-15, 07:08
One of mine goes a bit swollen and sore once every few months in my groin.
Did you know that women get a slightly enlarged lymph node each cycle on the side the my ovulate from?
It's not a lymph node scare, it's just a regular gland X

Kilimanjaro
22-11-15, 10:49
I am going through similar although the lymph node I am worried about in my groin is bigger than my finger tip so terrified now... There are also others that I can feel. I think they are movable but not sure what I allowing for really. Doc has checked them out and said she wasn't worried but I am.. I am plucking up the courage to go back and get them rechecked...
I am the same as you though just cannot stop checking and prodding...
I hate living like this... I know we have to trust our Doctors and try to be rational.. So hard though. I hope you get to where you want to be with it all... Xx

HoldingoutforHope
22-11-15, 15:54
My doctor told me that if you keep poking and prodding it that you can irritate lymph nodes to where they grow on their own. I guess i was curious about if the bad habit of poking at them irritates them was true. :blush:

Kilimanjaro
22-11-15, 18:36
I have a bit of OCD just to add to the craziness and for years have shaved around that area and my Doc thinks I am irritating them by doing that everyday.. However trying not too but instead poking them.. Just cannot win...

lisab1
05-01-16, 19:21
i have a groin lymph node and had it for a month. saw the GP straight away
and she said keep an eye on it. It could have been from an allergic reaction
im having an ultrasound in 2 week as the GP saw how worried i am.
He wasnt very insightful, just said its probably a virus.
im adding up all the other symptoms of Lymphoma and worrying myself sick.
Lisa x