PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over anti-anxiety medication LOL

Steph_
22-11-15, 10:58
Doctor prescribed me valium to take at night for helping me sleep, only a week's worth to see how I go with them. But I haven't taken them yet even though I am having trouble sleeping because the information leaflets always scare me. I'm terrified of having an allergic reaction to them or experiencing hallucinations or going to sleep and having some freak reaction to them and never waking up. There's also a huge stigma where I'm from about valium and how addictive it is. I know this is irrational but I can't control these thoughts. Anyone have experience of valium? I want to know things like how long they take to work and what they actually feel like? Does it just make you drowsy or completely knock you out? I'm scared of not being in control of myself on them.

dizzy daisy
22-11-15, 11:52
I do that sometimes. Now I don't read the leaflets and then I can't fixate on side effects ha ha. I'm not on meds for anything, but now when I get prescribed anything at all I just don't read the information sheets xxxx

MyNameIsTerry
22-11-15, 12:13
If you want to know how fast they work and how fast they are eliminated and how long they work for then just punch them into Drugs.com and look at the tab for professionals. Usually Googling a med with something like "distribution" (getting into your system) or "elimination" (getting out) or "duration of effect" will get you medical websites popping up showing it.

I know you will find that for Diazepam. Just be aware that with Diazepam it has two sets of data because there is a metabolite in it which stays in your body a lot longer which is likely the reason how some people become tolerant to it when they use it off & on from what some have said on here.

When I used it I found I had a strange calming slowing sensation moving down from my head down the rest of my body. It made me feel relaxed but it would give me a brief headache after about 2 hours which is when it is stopping in terms of effect.

If you need something for a medical use, forget stigma, you don't have to tell anyone. The same could easily be said for antidepressants.

rsanchez
22-11-15, 14:25
The good thing is, as soon as you take the Valium the anxiety will melt away.

nomorepanic
22-11-15, 14:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.