PDA

View Full Version : Eyelid twitch

Cariad1
23-11-15, 09:25
Hi All

I have been doing pretty well recently but the last couple of weeks i have had my left lower eyelid twitching and its starting to freak me out a little!

It is not happening all day but it does happen every day at certain periods but the freaky thing is if i close my eyes tightly i can make that eye twitch!

I have also been getting headaches on and off so putting two and two together i have come up with 10 as you do!

Does anyone else suffer from eyelid twitching or even better can make their own eyelid twitch....pretty freaky!

With all my facial sensations i have had in the past this has concerned me a little :(

xx

daisyflower
23-11-15, 09:49
Think everyone gets it, I get it all the time? Means you are tired X

Lifelonganxiety!
23-11-15, 17:20
I get twitches all the time, a lot in my eyes - on and off. It's pretty benign. Symptom of stress, tiredness, too much alcohol, too much caffeine, could be anything. Try to not worry about it!

Jennyzee
23-11-15, 18:20
Yes! When I close my eyes I can make both eyes twitch and flutter.

kellie39
23-11-15, 18:32
i get this when im not sleeping properly
xx

debs71
23-11-15, 18:53
Hi,

I know how annoying this can be, and unsettling, but please try not to worry.

A few years ago, my lower left eyelid started twitching all day long without stopping. After 3 weeks it was still twitching, so my GP referred me to Moorfields Eye Hospital in Central London, where they (soooo frustratingly) told me that it was known as Myokymia, and is just irritation of the nerves within the facial muscle which causes the twitches. As others have said already, tiredness and stress can be a factor, as can too much caffeine/alcohol, but it is nothing treatable, it just will go by itself.

After 3 hours waiting in A&E with my GP letter, I was not amused!!!

Anyhow, I tried to get more sleep and chill out and it did eventually go, so please worry not. I think perhaps your headaches may be related to your twiching eye, in so much as tiredness and anxiety/stress can cause them too, so I really don't think you have anything worrying here.

Hope it goes away for you soon! x:)

Cariad1
23-11-15, 23:35
Thanks so much everyone, you have all helped to put my mind at rest :)

Much love xx

GingerFish
24-11-15, 09:10
I get this when I am stressed or haven't slept well/ Its very common. I got this before my anxiety issues started so I haven't really worried about it but I can imagine it would freak me out if I only started to get it once I had anxiety. Its not serious at all, its a nuisance more than anything. I keep thinking I'm winking at people because of it!

Rich070969
06-06-16, 21:56
I started on mirtazapine about 4 months ago ,and since then I have developed an under eye twitch , where the bags are under your eyes , I have read that this could be a side effect. I have stopped taking them for a week now , lowering dose to 15 mg then stopping . I am a widower with a 9 yr old little girl and my health anxiety is kicking in ..I don't want to rely on ad just want life back