PDA

View Full Version : Uti , ovarian cancer or anxiety?! Advice !!

Savvy_Darling
23-11-15, 18:50
Hey everyone,

I have such a fear of doctors and hospitals but managed to force myself an apt Wednesday at the Gyno. Ugh already freaking out and it's only Monday. Imagine the day of :scared15::weep: .

Anyways, I need some reassurance or advice to help me cope before the big day because at this rate I don't see myself eating or sleeping.

For close to 2 months now these are the symptoms in suspect to my ovarian cancer panic:

Frequent urination--like once an hour (sometimes have the urge after I just went) I can make myself hold it for once every 2 hours. So it's not incontinece. Also more at night or when I'm not doing anything but laying around and probably worrying myself.

And occasionally abdominal twinges ( not so much pain) just weird lil feelings.

Also more gassy. Tummy talks more too.

Also I suspect it's ovulation time for me right now.. Maybe would account for the random pain?

Also I feel sore like my abs and ribs area but I think that's from bending backwards awkwardly to look in the mirror yesterday to see if I was balding (another worry of mine)

IM A MESS :( also I'm 21 years old. And yea I hate wasting my life with worries and fear and don't want this to go on for years and years. I feel like this all started after my bad anxiety attack September 16th. It's been downhill from there honestly. Would have never thought ovarian cancer until I seen a post about an 18 year old getting it on Facebook and then I started reading all the comments and stories about other women's experiences. Man have I been scared since. Please help :(

Luja
25-11-15, 09:17
Hi there, I too am scared I have ovarian cancer I have a scan tomorrow and I am a mess. My symptoms is I have abnormal bleeding (have done for about 3 years) this have been checked though. I have a weird niggling feeling by my right ovary like there is a lump there but I or my Dr couldn't feel anything. I have been experiencing leg pain as well. Health Anxiety is nasty .... you're not alone lovely xxx

daisyflower
25-11-15, 09:30
Feeling like you need to wee all the time is very easily triggered by anxiety. It can also be caused by lots of things like IBS, hormones or a simple uti, like you said. The chances of it being anything scary are very very very slim.
Well done for booking the appointment, I'm with you on fear of doctors and hospitals X