PDA

View Full Version : finally think i know my trigger

JulieJay92
23-11-15, 19:59
seems to be when someone close i know has severe health problems - lung cancer, heart attacks etc

my hubby and bro in law both had heart attacks within the last 6 weeks (family history)

and 4 days ago my attacks have went OTT, chest pain, thumping, nipping, rapid heartbeat, hot/cold flushes and nausea

managed to get to sleep eventually for a few hours each night but i feel like im going mad and feel like im REALLY dying and its just around the corner but ive noone to speak to here or close by

i have managed to get out for a walk for a few hours and shopping but yet again i want to cry as i cant cope with the physical pain i feel im in

does this happen to others here:unsure:

ana
24-11-15, 19:51
I'd advise you to go and seek medical advice, just in case it's not a heart-related issue.
If the tests come back fine (which I really hope they do), then you are simply going through a bad period anxiety-wise, but it will get better because panic attacks CANNOT and WILL NOT kill you. :)

ray.olsen
26-11-15, 01:27
Hey leiajulie

Most common health anxiety is triggered by what people witness or know that other people experienced. I'm sorry to hear about the heart attack on your husband and brother in law and how it was able to aggravate your anxiety.

Now what you need to do is do some damage control before it gets out of hand. If you have no one there to talk to then consult your clinician or therapist for a session so you may vent out your fears and worries.

It's a good thing you finally know what triggers your anxiety, you can now start dealing with how you may handle those situations and how to prepare your mind. Just open this up with your clinician he/she will provide a proper coping regimen for you.