PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever not been able to take a full deep breath?

wubu
23-11-15, 23:10
Well it started last week I keep having to try and take in a full deep breath and can't always do so unless I kind of re-position myself. Had bloods/ecg/and x-ray done and it showed what the doc said was bronchitis.

I've not had too much of a cough or felt ill so I'm not sure if I am focusing on it too much which is making me want to do it more.

I did do a Dr. Google search and seems fairly common with anxiety. Anyone else had such a thing they can relate to?

ETA: The reason why I am thinking it's more anxiety is because at work yesterday I was doing it every 2 mins and when I got home and chilled out it seemed to go. Today it seemed fine then I homed in on it and it's lurked around. I've tried to look a situations where it happens more and I think stress/anxiety makes it 10x worse. I'd also say walking does not make me out of breath and it appears I breath in a normal fashion apart form this.

swgrl09
24-11-15, 00:05
I'm sure bronchitis can cause this. Also anxiety - I have had moments where I pay attention too much to my breathing and experience similar. Try belly-breathing. Breathe low and slow, feel your belly rise before your chest.

JohnMack
27-11-15, 07:46
Well it started last week I keep having to try and take in a full deep breath and can't always do so unless I kind of re-position myself. Had bloods/ecg/and x-ray done and it showed what the doc said was bronchitis.

I've not had too much of a cough or felt ill so I'm not sure if I am focusing on it too much which is making me want to do it more.

I did do a Dr. Google search and seems fairly common with anxiety. Anyone else had such a thing they can relate to?

ETA: The reason why I am thinking it's more anxiety is because at work yesterday I was doing it every 2 mins and when I got home and chilled out it seemed to go. Today it seemed fine then I homed in on it and it's lurked around. I've tried to look a situations where it happens more and I think stress/anxiety makes it 10x worse. I'd also say walking does not make me out of breath and it appears I breath in a normal fashion apart form this.

I've found you can trick your body by doing a yawn and taking a deep breath at the same time. May take a couple of goes but feels a little better afterwards.

Boydo
27-11-15, 15:15
i went thought this at 16, when younger never noticed it was anxiety as got older it got worst and now get derealisation etc but meds stop that luckily anyway please do not yawn yes feel better for little while but i notice you keep wanting yawn all day i mean every breath.

sandie
27-11-15, 18:10
Try some belly breathing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5H_Qrcmxdg

If you do this a few times, you can gradually take bigger and bigger breaths. There are other YouTube clips.