PDA

View Full Version : A Partner Who Doesn't want to help!

Jenny3735
24-11-15, 01:48
I have had anxiety for nearly 2 years now, at first my partner was supportive but now his embarrassed by it and really shows how much he hates me. We have a baby an after having her is when it all started. I have been to the doctors an counciling and nothing has stopped it completely but I take rescue remedy to ease it. I thought that maybe taking to others with anxiety and panic attacks could help.
Anyway, when I had my baby my anxiety got a lot worse but I didn't know what it was until after a month or so when I googled a lot of my symptoms. I bring up my child practically on my own. The only thing my partner does is go to work. He don't clean, cook or wash his clothes.. He has fed our child about 10 times in the whole 19 months she's been here. He don't change her nappy.. I guess you get what I am saying by now he don't do anything but earn a bit of money. He talks to me like a dog an thinks I should look after him like a son an I'm sick of it. Like I had a panic attack today an I was like I can't breathe an he said get the f**k off me an sort your self out an then continued to say how unhealthy I am for our child. He does say a lot worse but let's not go into details. I wanted to know if anyone else can relate to this and can maybe have a rant together I don't know..

jayb1
24-11-15, 13:12
I think you should maybe go back to gp and maybe get some meds to help you for a period of time . i ve had people who've not been understanding of my problems but more out of them not knowing what to do than being simply horrible. I don't think the attitude of your partner is going to help you with your problems at all . Me personally I'd be out of there like a shot. I wish you well and hope some of the other guys on here can give you some good advice

amelie18
25-11-15, 21:38
In a way I know how you feel, my anxiety first started after I had my first child. My partner doesn't really understand anxiety so isn't supportive in that respect. My advice to you is to make sure you go out everyday, keep yourself busy. Take up exercise, a hobby and never put yourself down. Having a little one to look after is hard so you need to make sure you make some time for yourself. If you feel that your having a funny turn or panic attack, take slow deep breaths. I found that herbal teas helped calm nerves and changing my diet to healthy made me have less panic attacks. Most importantly you are not alone and you will get there, just believe in yourself.