PDA

View Full Version : Flare-Ups

TheRealMichael
24-11-15, 03:38
This has gone on about two months now, and I'm really hoping this is just anxiety. Does anyone else here get 'flare-ups' of anxiety-like symptoms? The ones that hit me the most, at least 5-6 times a day at the LEAST, are: a choking sensation, numbness in most limbs and face, cold hands/feet/etc, feeling light, headaches, chest pressure...and those are only the most common.

I've been diagnosed with generalized and social anxiety, and can't see a psychologist for panic medications for a plausible panic disorder.

I really need to know how you deal with this, if you have it. It's terrifying to me every time it happens, and it's starting to heavily affect my daily activities and relationships with other people.

jayb1
24-11-15, 13:02
Yes they are the major symptoms of anxiety I can get 5 or 6 of these a day I call them mini panic attacks. Best thing to do is try and stay as relaxed as possible easier said than done I know but when it happens and you start getting nervous about them its fuels Mr anxiety more. I try a relaxation hypnotherapy off you tube and practice my breathing slowly in for 4 slowly out for 7 . it tends to calm them down most of the time . This is a great place for picking up different tips on how to control them

Lifelonganxiety!
24-11-15, 22:55
Yep totally. I am fine, then some little thing will come up that can slowly start a spiral to a flare up. Then I get over it and feel better again.

In the middle of a flare right now.