PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE its reared its ugly head and I am on verge of breakdown

lottie59
24-11-15, 09:08
HELP me please :weep:

Ive been doing so well recently but last night the HA reared its ugly head and kicked me really hard!

I have had pain in my lower jaw bone now for 5 weeks and I have tried ratioanlising it but last night when I felt under my jaw I felt what can only be described as a hard lump that seemed to click out of place every time I touched it..

the pain is unbearable but only when I touch it.. I have restrained myself from google now for a very long time but last night I did it! I googled lump and jaw pain and guess what I now have oral cancer and bone cancer!!!!!

my anxiety attach started slowly and turned into full blown hyperventilation and stopping when I begrudgingly took a larazopan..

I have made an appointment to see my GP but that is not until 11th DEC!!!!!! do they not realise that my anxiety can kill me in that space of time?

has any one got any experience with lumps and pain ful jaws?

thank you

kellie39
24-11-15, 09:29
i havent had the pain/ lump in the jaw but i have been clenching my jaw a lot lately. but i had a pain in my rib a few weeks back and then anxiety kicked in and it makes you fear the worst all the time.
ive never had anxiety like this before and i ended up being in bed for 3 weeks unable to function on a day to today basis.

i can so feel your fear and i can say to you to calm down and try not to worry but its easy to say and not easy to do.

how are you feeling today?
xxxxxx

lottie59
24-11-15, 09:39
thanks Kellie

I am trying very hard this morning to rationalise this! I fel slightly better than last night but not hugely. I started suffering with HA the beginning of Feb this year but if I am honest I think it has always been there..

My husband said that I was grinding my teeth last night in my sleep (I know I grind my teeth) but I cant rationalise why the pain is where it is?? normally when I grind my teeth my whole jaw aches not just a specific area especially not with a lump.

Like I said I have an appointment to see my GP but I have to wait 3 weeks! I actually think its the waiting and not knowing that whats plays havoc with my anxiety..

I hate myself for letting it get this far again.. at my lowest I was the same as you! I couldn't leave the house and I am scared of this wait I may recline back into that statues.

thanks for your response hun

kellie39
24-11-15, 10:13
thats a quite a wait to see your gp? my gp you phone on the day and can usually get an appointment that day.

i hope it all settles down for you and you can calm your anxiety.

im totally shocked by how anxiety grips your mind and body, ive never had this before and being out of control is very scary.

hope you manage to get some peace of mind soon
xx

lottie59
24-11-15, 10:21
If I request an emergency appointment I can have one in the morning of the same day.. I am trying really hard not to do this for two reasons!

1: I am working and do not want to take more time off work!
2: by not saying its an emergency and agreeing to wait 3 weeks I am hoping that my anxiety may subside.. if the pain is still there ini 3 weeks then I know that I really need to the doctor.. if it is not then maybe its just anxiety causing the pain? does that make ense?

I know that if I really struggle to breaking point I can call Friday morning when I am not at work and m,ake an emergency appointment..
xx

kellie39
24-11-15, 10:41
that makes lots of sense to me. having never anxiety before i never knew how it could make sensation ect feel so heightened and you cant think of anything else but that it consumes your whole mind.

i hope it settles down and fingers crossed it even goes away and you dont need the doctors appointment at all.

i take you have had anxiety before?
xxx

Traceypo
24-11-15, 10:46
Have you thought of going to the dentist? They are experts in those areas and can advise you, it may be all linked to your teeth grinding.
Xxx

lottie59
24-11-15, 11:15
Hi Tracey

yes I have been to the dentist endless times and he assured me previously about an ulcer that it was due to teeth grinding.

The last time I went he x rayed my teeth and I am assuming that he would have seen my jaw line when he did it?

if it becomes more and more pain full I will go back to the dentist but it is so expensive everytime I go!

Yes Kellie I suffer with Health Anxiety however the pain in my jaw is real but the anxiety makes me believe it is life threatening..

Traceypo
24-11-15, 12:51
Try doing a deal with yourself, tell yourself the appointments booked, so there's nothing you can do until then. What will be will be and worrying won't change that (personally I think it's linked to your grinding), dental costs are a pain.
Xxx

lottie59
24-11-15, 14:28
yes Tracey that is what I have done.. I am so much better than I was a few months back! if this had been early summer I would have been sat waiting on an emergency appointment!

Thank you so much

Traceypo
24-11-15, 15:11
Me too hun, at my worst I've been known to go to a walk in, pharmacist and a&e in one day.
I look back and giggle, but at the time the fear is so real. Xxx