PDA

View Full Version : really scared .... can anyone please help me?

Luja
24-11-15, 14:50
Hi, let me tell you about me ... I was a healthy teenager, young adult only ever had my tonsils and appendix out. When I was 27 I fell pregnant and everything was perfect. Sadly our daughter was stillborn with no explanation to how this happened I suddenly turned into a very anxious person. I did go into have twins and everything once again was perfect. Well that was until my twins were 18 weeks old and I suddenly started bleeding like nothing I have had before. I went for numerous scans as the doctors put it down to being a mum maybe I was putting it on a little bit. They then sent me to see a Gyny in which I have had 2 d and c's biopsies to be told I have dysfunctional uterine bleeding. With all this I have been told I have severe health anxiety as I constantly check k my body for lumps etc. Anyhow October this year I decided to have the Mirena Coil fitted to help with my bleeding but my cervix wouldn't open .... 2 weeks later I went under sedation to have it done. A few days later I started having a niggling pain where my ovarie is on the right hand side. My doctor (who did not see me) returned my call for concern and ordered me to have scan on my ovaries .... now I'm scared of ovarian cancer. I have pain that travels to the bottom.of my.leg and I still.have a niggling pain there like there is a lump but there isn't one. During the last month I was also prescribed 5mg of Noethestine to help with the bleeding but I have stopped taken it. Please can anyone tell me whether you have had symptoms of this but all was ok or do I need to face that this really is ovarian cancer??

daisyflower
24-11-15, 15:17
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure ovarian cancer is slow growing and doesn't have any symptoms at first. Your ovaries are scanned at your 12 weeks scan, which means they were obviously perfect then.
My periods have been waaaaay heavier since having kids, like twice as heavy as they were. The chances of you having ovarian cancer are very slim and it's also rare at your age.

What you went through is horrendous, nobody should have to go through that and it's not surprising that you are doubting your own body when you have seen things can go wrong. However, you've made healthy twins and don't forget, all the blood tests that you had during pregnancy will have shown if something was wrong, like cancer.

A friend of mine got awful pains from the coil... I personally wouldn't use it X

Luja
24-11-15, 15:52
Hi, thanks sorry I should of said my twins are now 3 years old. My last scan was November last year where sadly I miscarried but I do know they obviously checked me over then and nothing. Same.if the scan apart from I miscarried. I assume if they saw something then would I of been sent home and nothing else to come of it? I have regular blood tests to see my blood levels make sure I'm not anemic. I am so scared of Thursday with my scan as I wake with night terrors being told I have cancer. My right side feels all swollen but when I look in the mirror there is no difference.

dizzy daisy
24-11-15, 16:16
Aww sorry to hear your story. I've lost babies so I know it's a horrible thing. All I can say is that you had a scan fairly recently which was fine and it's likely to have been abnormal in November if there was anything. Also I know 2 people who had lots of pain and cramps, bleeding, bloating and they were convinced they had ovarian cancer but they only had a cyst. Also you say you had a coil fitted which daisyflower had also said can cause pain. My friend had one and it caused pain because it just didn't agree with her and started an infection. Once it was removed she was fine. You had said that you had to be sedated because of issues with your cervix being closed so it may have just caused some bruising when fitted- it's pretty delicate up there.
Just trying to say there are lots of things it could be without it being serious hunny so try not to get too upset. Easier said than done I know xxxx

daisyflower
24-11-15, 16:38
They would NEVER have just sent you away if they had spotted something and it would also show in your bloods.
What you are worried about doesn't even cause heavy bleeding that I know of. I don't know how heavy you are talking but my periods used to be so light before babies that I could use just tissue if I wanted to and now (tmi) I often feel horrid gushes and have to change my towel once an hour.
I don't think you have anything serious to worry about, just health anxiety X

Luja
24-11-15, 16:45
Thanks soo much, I am really heavy where like yourself I have change every hour and they last between 3 - 6 weeks. I'm soo scared as the niggling pain is still there and I feel that my lower right abdomen is swollen (my mum says it.could be the prodding I'm doing). I don't really have any friends as I moved and the friends I do have are very strong people and I don't feel of can talk to them. I just feel inhale given myself a diagnosis already and ready for the gp to call after the scan and tell me my worse fears!

Luja
25-11-15, 07:24
So the night terrors are still happening, again I wake with the feeling there is something there! Scan tomorrow and I'm soo scared x