PDA

View Full Version : Timeout on games

nomorepanic
18-02-07, 18:43
Just to warn all you avid game players on here that there is a problem with the games timing out so you may get an enormous score and when you try to save it - wham it dies on you.

Alex will look at this once he has sorted all the other issues out so watch this space.

Sue K with 5
18-02-07, 18:46
Er yeah I have noticed I slaughtered krakers today with a score of 148,000 and it never registered im gutted but i am not giving up so Alex please fix it so I can see my name in lights pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lol

Jimbo
18-02-07, 18:46
Loving the games, can't get enough of moon lander! :notworthy:

nomorepanic
18-02-07, 18:58
Alex has loads more downloaded so I will bribe him soon to add some more cos I chose some that I can play !

manmoor
18-02-07, 19:07
wooohoooo Nic lol xxx

Alex
18-02-07, 23:46
I have been playing games tonight and have not managed to reproduce this problem.

When playing the games you will notice that every 10 mins or so the browser progress bar appears in the status bar, if you are using IE. Are people getting this?

Also have people set 'Remember me' when they login?

Alex

shoegal
19-02-07, 00:09
Still not working I'm afraid.......... and I'm gutted cos I would have come 3rd in PACMAN!

Me thinks I need to get out more.......:)

Love shoegal xxx

Alex
19-02-07, 00:31
Still not working I'm afraid.......... and I'm gutted cos I would have come 3rd in PACMAN!

Me thinks I need to get out more.......:)

Love shoegal xxx

shoegal

What browser are you using?

Have you set the 'remeber me' when you logn?

Alex

Krakers
19-02-07, 01:31
You're not on you're own Sue - hit a 67k on PacMan earlier which went happily bye byes. While I was only beating myself I still wanted my gold star for sending my eyes all googly :emot-eek:

Krakers.

Krakers
19-02-07, 02:35
Just got another HS on Pacman which vamooshed. Time for me to go to bed and stop being so sad.

Krakers.

nomorepanic
19-02-07, 11:52
Can anyone confirm they tried what Alex said please?

Make sure you are logged in and the "remember me" box was checked.

eeyorelover
19-02-07, 16:17
I had the timeout problem before I did the remember me thing but haven't had it happen since I checked the box. I'm not real good at any of the games so I probably don't play them as long tho:rolleyes:
Don't know if you need to know what browser I am using but just in case I use Mozilla firefox.
xxx
Sandy

Ross
19-02-07, 16:37
I had the timeout problem before I did the remember me thing but haven't had it happen since I checked the box. I'm not real good at any of the games so I probably don't play them as long tho:rolleyes:
Don't know if you need to know what browser I am using but just in case I use Mozilla firefox.
xxx
Sandy

For that, you deserve a certificate! FireFox is the shizzle! :emot-cheering:

:laugh:

Jimbo
19-02-07, 17:15
Just had to post to brag about my new Moon Lander high score! :p

More ppl should sign up for the tournament so I can beat you all. Mwuhaha! :ninja:

vagabond
20-02-07, 23:05
Question: Do you think playing these games will help with my anxiety.

Answer: Who cares!!

Conclusion: Thanks for the games Alex

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 23:06
I have learnt how to add them now so there could be trouble ahead!

Added a few new ones tonight that I can play lol

Ross
20-02-07, 23:17
Bloody Kids! :sly:

:laugh:

tam
20-02-07, 23:25
im happy i just won
£250.000 when will i get the cheque nic.tracy:D

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 23:42
Apparently my games are boring :mad: :ban: :curse:

I will go and sulk now then :emot-crying: :meh:

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 23:43
im happy i just won
£250.000 when will i get the cheque nic.tracy:D

It's in the post :p :p

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 00:20
I found some new buttons :p

Minimum post count per day to play games

Maximum times to play

I am power hungry and not afraid to use it ;) :sofa:

Now tell me my games are boring :emot-dance: :ohmy:

Jimbo
21-02-07, 08:43
Nooooo... :eek:

btw, does anyone understand the doubling up thing on the poker?

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 11:45
Oh no - Loads of people have beaten my high score :p

Now I have to try harder :emot-crying:

Doubling up - Ross will answer that - he wanted a poker game. Personally I can't play it.

Jimbo
21-02-07, 14:08
I still don't get some of that poker game:

http://upload6.postimage.org/364847/wtf.jpg

How can I get the 6 of hearts twice? lol
I doubled on red, why didn't I win with that 6?
:mad:

Jimbo
21-02-07, 17:22
Bah, Ross beat my score again. :emot-crying:

Can't ever seem to win by doubling on red, I reckon he's cheating somehow. :p

Ross
21-02-07, 17:40
Bah, Ross beat my score again. :emot-crying:

Can't ever seem to win by doubling on red, I reckon he's cheating somehow. :p

The very first time I tried it lastnight, I got a Royal Flush straight away. My bet was only $1 :emot-crying:

The only tip I can give you, it to unhold the Straight Draws. They only pay peanuts, and rarely come up.

As for the Doubling, I never bother. Doesn't seem to work.

Dont suppose you know what the 'Mini-Bonus' is? I cant figure out if there is any pattern to payout.

Texas No Limit Hold'em is my game. :D

In fact, I'm gonna play a few hands on PokerStars.com

Jimbo
21-02-07, 17:51
I was coming to the same conclusion with the straights. Doubling is risky but I think it's worth doing when for example you have a hand of all red cards, but I still reckon there's a bug with doubling on red, black works fine.

With the mini bonus you get 50 points for a pair of picture cards or aces (if its not a winning hand) and only seems to pay out after you reach the maximum (500), but keeps building up in the background. I think it pays when you get a picture/ace pair and another picture/ace, e.g. Pair of aces and a king... could be wrong tho.

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 19:21
I am prepared to add a few more games but need to know what kind of games people like.

Add any suggestions here please.

Jimbo
21-02-07, 19:34
Would be cool if we could have some multi player turn based stuff, like chess or something. Not sure if that's possible tho?

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 19:36
I can get chess but at a guess it will be you versus the computer.

Jimbo
21-02-07, 19:46
Yeah, would be cool, but computers always beat me, lol... maybe ppl think i'm sad for liking chess tho :p

Maybe a better version of poker like Ross said, Texas Holdem or something. Or maybe some other card games (anything but patience tho!).

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 20:06
Check the games - the new Poker one is on. Alex worked out how to fix it bless him.

Jimbo
21-02-07, 20:21
Cool! :D

shoegal
21-02-07, 21:55
By the way, I ticked the remeber me box and now my scores are being recorded as before. Phew!

love shoegal xxx

Ross
21-02-07, 22:05
Check the games - the new Poker one is on. Alex worked out how to fix it bless him.

Alex is whats commonly known in the trade as a........ Legend!

Gracias fella! :emot-woot:

Alex
21-02-07, 22:21
Alex is whats commonly known in the trade as a........ Legend!

Gracias fella! :emot-woot:

twa's easy really,

decompile flash (Oh did I really say that !!)
Look at main action script and find its looking for a config file
Clear browser cache
Play game online
Check browser cache and nick config file
Upload config file to NMP server

ALL WORKING :-)

Alex

Jimbo
21-02-07, 22:36
Noooo... 3 hours and 29000 credits. :emot-crying:

http://upload6.postimage.org/372994/untitled.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/372994/photo_hosting.html)

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 23:18
Ohhh no lol

oops

Ross
21-02-07, 23:42
Noooo... 3 hours and 29000 credits. :emot-crying:

http://upload6.postimage.org/372994/untitled.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/372994/photo_hosting.html)

Well, I wont say it.... yes I will. IE is a waste of space. Use FireFox. :sly:

Jimbo
21-02-07, 23:51
Never been a fan of firefox... as much as I hate to fund Bill Gate's evil empire. :noangel:

It was probably cuase I had several windows open on the site or something stupid, will sleep now :emot-sleepyhead: and be back in the morning to beat your score. :p

Ross
21-02-07, 23:59
Never been a fan of firefox... as much as I hate to fund Bill Gate's evil empire. :noangel:

It was probably cuase I had several windows open on the site or something stupid, will sleep now :emot-sleepyhead: and be back in the morning to beat your score. :p

Jimbo, if your a Poker buff, I would like to get an online tourny running soon, so if anyone else knows their way around a deck of cards, please PM me.

Jimbo
22-02-07, 10:45
Thanks for the new games, the poker is ace (:sign20: ) , just hope my score submits today.

The chess scoring doesn't seem to work tho. I played the first game and was about to lose so I submitted the score and got 10. Then the next game I won and submitted but said my score wasn't high enough for the high score chart, lol. Won again in 15 moves, but score still wasn't high enough for the score chart, :WTF: .

I wouldn't exactly call myself a poker buff, I'm one of those cheeky players that thinks they're bluffing then wins with a strait I didn't see. :p Count me in tho.

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 23:55
Would anyone miss Bookworm now we have the new scrabble game that you can lose at?

Bookworm just goes on and on and seems pointless so I may remove it.

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 22:38
Ok I am sulking now

Can't I win at any one game :emot-rolleyes:

Whoever beats me now is :ban: ed

:sign20: :emot-whistle:

tam
01-03-07, 22:59
hi nic is it the wrong time to tell you that ive not recieved my 250.000 cheque yet.tracy:sofa:

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 23:00
Tracy - oh my - didn't you receive it? How rubbish is the mail lol

nomorepanic
29-03-07, 22:47
Bumping up

PLEASE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE GAMES FORUM.

YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT AFTER 30 MINUTES OTHERWISE - SO DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU LOSE YOU SCORE!