PDA

View Full Version : Random aches and pains

Lifelonganxiety!
24-11-15, 17:35
I know I've recently been trying to help other people out on here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice too.

Over the last few days I've been getting pains over quite a few different areas. To begin with, it was in both shins, but yesterday it started to migrate to left toes, then right wrist, right thumb and left arm.

Not particularly "ouch" painful, but just aches. They come and go.

I know exactly what advice I give to others, that this is probably just normal and that my mind can amplify and make simple aches way worse than they are, but I was just wondering if anyone else gets pains like this and if they have any idea what it is?

To be honest, and I'm doing OK at blocking this thought, I get the fear of it being something bad like leukemia or something. Ugh, I hate HA some days!

daisyflower
24-11-15, 18:59
Hope I can reassure you!
I got this almost 4 months ago. Felt like someone was pinching my bone really hard but would last say, 5 seconds or so and then dissapear. Would be in my finger bone, then my knee, then my shin, then my ankle, then my toe, etc. Strangely, never the same place at the same time but kind of hopped around continuously. Didn't hurt enough to say ow but enough that while I would be talking to someone, I would catch myself rubbing somewhere that was hurting.
Mine came on when I got a virus. It's 4 months on and still here a little but nowhere near as badly. I waited 2 months to go the doctors as I have a bad medical phobia. My doctor said, 'I don't know of any conditions that present like that...maybe it's a post viral thing or stress or hypersensitivity to normal pains that we all get but that your subconscious usually feels and blocks out without you noticing. I could do a bunch of blood tests but I really don't think it's necessary as I don't think anything serious is wrong and it will just put you through hell for nothing.'
I did a lot of googling found a lot of posts with similar pains and none knew what it was and none turned out to have anything serious.
I don't know if any of these helped or if it was just a coincidence but I noticed they were a lot worse if I was tired, so I started making an effort to go to bed earlier. I also started taking an omega 3 supplement and a multi vitamin, magnesium (I would always recommend this for pains) and vitamin D as low d levels can cause pain. I had lots of hot baths and got my husband to give me lots of massages and found any tender trigger points and released them with pressure with a tennis ball.
I hope this helps...mainly that you don't have to worry about it being anything serious as the dr couldn't care less and I (shamefully) googled it to death and came upon nothing serious X

Lifelonganxiety!
24-11-15, 19:34
Thanks Daisy,

That does help. I know that I'm in the middle of an anxiety flare up which causes muscle tension & pains and so on. Since I was so focused on my shins after finding the lumps maybe that got me fixated on them and made me hypersensitive to any aches. After that it's a spiral to be searching for pain or other symptoms elsewhere.

Just need to keep calm. Appreciate your reply!

daisyflower
24-11-15, 19:44
That will definitely be why. You are probably tensing them without thinking about it or focusing on them when you walk and walking funny. Try a hot bath X

tamo
24-11-15, 20:37
We can become so focused as you describe on specific symptoms and send ourselves into a state . I've not been here for a while but the winter seems to affect me so I thought I remind myself by looking at my old posts .
Its amazing to see how I wrote things down here years ago and nothing medical was EVER wrong .
I was however found to have an underactive thyroid which responded well ( eventually ) to medication .

This is a brilliant site but so is this https://anxietycentre.com/

I pay a small subscription £4.95 a Month I think and the information is the best ive saw anywhere but you don't need to subscribe .

I hope you feel better .

Lifelonganxiety!
24-11-15, 20:50
Thank you Tamo. I've been to that page before, it's amazing how much anxiety can do to a person isn't it!

tamo
24-11-15, 21:05
Yes sure is . I try to keep myself out of stressful situations and keep life as simple as possible and these days that means no alcohol .
still sometimes our thinking can trigger an episode like it has with me the past 2 or 3 weeks but I know it WILL pass .

Dornish Red
03-12-15, 18:26
I have random migrating pain all over my body for more than 4 months now. It is mostly in joints (EVERY single joint, even my jaw), but sometimes it's in my shins, thighs, or forearms. Pain is usually mild, sometimes feel like throbbing, sometimes it's like someone is pinching me.
I developed this after I found out I had a bacterial genital infection and just started on my antibiotics.
I have been to my GP twice about this, she said this is reactive arthritis that developed after bacterial infection. My blood tests were fine both times so she didn't think it was necessary to do any more tests.

I am coping very hard with this, since pain is not always in my joints, but also tendons, muscles and maybe even bones, and I don't know if that fits into the description of arthritis. It's hard to trust a diagnosis that is not based on an actual test, but on an assumption.

For someone with HA it is truly terrifying to feel all sorts of pains almost everyday. I only can wait to see if it will go away on it's own, since there is no treatment for my supposed condition. It makes me feel better to see that I'm not the only one to experience this.
Maybe it is true that our anxiety makes us feel every sensation in our body more intense, and our brains make a big deal out of it.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Hope I can reassure you!
I got this almost 4 months ago. Felt like someone was pinching my bone really hard but would last say, 5 seconds or so and then dissapear. Would be in my finger bone, then my knee, then my shin, then my ankle, then my toe, etc. Strangely, never the same place at the same time but kind of hopped around continuously. Didn't hurt enough to say ow but enough that while I would be talking to someone, I would catch myself rubbing somewhere that was hurting.
Mine came on when I got a virus. It's 4 months on and still here a little but nowhere near as badly. I waited 2 months to go the doctors as I have a bad medical phobia. My doctor said, 'I don't know of any conditions that present like that...maybe it's a post viral thing or stress or hypersensitivity to normal pains that we all get but that your subconscious usually feels and blocks out without you noticing. I could do a bunch of blood tests but I really don't think it's necessary as I don't think anything serious is wrong and it will just put you through hell for nothing.'
I did a lot of googling found a lot of posts with similar pains and none knew what it was and none turned out to have anything serious.
I don't know if any of these helped or if it was just a coincidence but I noticed they were a lot worse if I was tired, so I started making an effort to go to bed earlier. I also started taking an omega 3 supplement and a multi vitamin, magnesium (I would always recommend this for pains) and vitamin D as low d levels can cause pain. I had lots of hot baths and got my husband to give me lots of massages and found any tender trigger points and released them with pressure with a tennis ball.
I hope this helps...mainly that you don't have to worry about it being anything serious as the dr couldn't care less and I (shamefully) googled it to death and came upon nothing serious X
Hey daisyflower
I remember you from my old thread about these pains:)
I'm sorry to hear that your pains are still going on, like mine, but I am glad you went to the doctor, I remember how you said you were afraid to go. And I'm happy to hear that your doctor wasn't worried at all.

I also started to take magnesium and also vitamin D. I'm not seeing much difference yet, but maybe it takes time.

It's so nice to see I'm not alone in this, although I kind of feel sad to know that other people have to go through this too.

How are you feeling at the moment? Today I feel like someone is pinching my right thigh all the time, so annoying

daisyflower
03-12-15, 21:32
I have random migrating pain all over my body for more than 4 months now. It is mostly in joints (EVERY single joint, even my jaw), but sometimes it's in my shins, thighs, or forearms. Pain is usually mild, sometimes feel like throbbing, sometimes it's like someone is pinching me.
I developed this after I found out I had a bacterial genital infection and just started on my antibiotics.
I have been to my GP twice about this, she said this is reactive arthritis that developed after bacterial infection. My blood tests were fine both times so she didn't think it was necessary to do any more tests.

I am coping very hard with this, since pain is not always in my joints, but also tendons, muscles and maybe even bones, and I don't know if that fits into the description of arthritis. It's hard to trust a diagnosis that is not based on an actual test, but on an assumption.

For someone with HA it is truly terrifying to feel all sorts of pains almost everyday. I only can wait to see if it will go away on it's own, since there is no treatment for my supposed condition. It makes me feel better to see that I'm not the only one to experience this.
Maybe it is true that our anxiety makes us feel every sensation in our body more intense, and our brains make a big deal out of it.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Hey daisyflower
I remember you from my old thread about these pains:)
I'm sorry to hear that your pains are still going on, like mine, but I am glad you went to the doctor, I remember how you said you were afraid to go. And I'm happy to hear that your doctor wasn't worried at all.

I also started to take magnesium and also vitamin D. I'm not seeing much difference yet, but maybe it takes time.

It's so nice to see I'm not alone in this, although I kind of feel sad to know that other people have to go through this too.

How are you feeling at the moment? Today I feel like someone is pinching my right thigh all the time, so annoying

How weird, I had pinching in my right thigh all of yesterday! It's fine today but I keep getting pain down the side of my hand by my little finger, the pinching pain that comes and goes. Sorry that you are still having pains too, I saw you wrote another post recently and hoped it was because your pains had gone.
I stopped taking my vitamins and it got worse so back on them. I've also noticed that if the very top of my spine is sore and tense, above that bit that sticks out at the bottom of the neck, that it seems to be a major trigger for pain all over? A bit weird but see if you are also tense there? I've also started eating more dairy and it seems to help.
One last (really ridiculous and probably completely false) theory is toothpaste. This sounds really weird but I thought about what changed before my pains came (besides the virus) and I had started Using the Colgate toothpaste with the little bits in. Stopped using it, pains dissapreaed. Started using this again, pains were back within 2 days. This is probably complete crap but when you have weird pains, you start looking for any excuse!
Hope you feel better soon X

daisyflower
04-12-15, 09:20
One other thing to add that I've noticed, when my joint/ bone/ whatever it is pain is bad, I've noticed that when I bend over, the bottom of my back hurts and aches when I walk about a little. Also, part of my spine will also be sore to the touch. This makes me wonder if the nerves are becoming irritated, making pains in other parts of my body such as fingers and feet, etc? Don't know, just a theory X

Magic
04-12-15, 14:31
I have all the aches and pains everyone is describing , I have had blood tests.
Every thing comes back normal, My GP says I am a mystery.
Surly I am not imagining all the pains I get.
I do have HA.