PDA

View Full Version : Can this really a nerve issue? - Gabapentin

DeeBee27
25-11-15, 13:28
Hi all,

I've been feeling sharp stabbing, shooting pains in my lower left leg along the outside and front. At times it's like a constant ache, other times it tingles, and I get occasional heat feeling in my lower leg. Sometimes the shooting twinge go up to my lower left of my back, and other times it just feels like the front of my leg is burning. At times my knee and ankle feel as though I'm being stabbed.
Walking usually helps, but if I stop, stand still or sit down that's when these pains come.
It started last Monday, and I saw my GP on Friday. Shed previously ordered a blood test due to my anxiety which she told me Friday came back clear. She felt my knee and listened to my symptoms and she said that it sounds like a nerve problem which she said would settle in a couple of weeks. She was going to p prescribe me cocodamol but because they make me sick she prescribed Gabapentin 300mg twice a day.

I'm also using ibuprofen gel on my leg and today took ibuprofen tablets which seemed to have helped a little....touch wood/fingers crossed 🙏

I'm trying so hard to trust her, believe that she's not misdiagnosed me and that it will go away, but I wonder, can all this really be just a nerve problem? Should I let go and trust her? Or is there something wrong with my leg like bone cancer? 😢

Thank you xx