PDA

View Full Version : hypoglycemia causing panic attacks

meesey
19-09-04, 18:29
Does anyone have any personal experience with hypoglycemia resulting in panic attacks, If you have any information, please let me know it will be much appreciated..Many Thanks. Paul

nomorepanic
19-09-04, 18:54
Paul

Try this previous post ....

Hypoglycemia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189)

Nicola

meesey
19-09-04, 20:00
Thanks was good reading, i am booking in to see the Dr for a blood test and glucose test, hope i dont get fobbed off, also going to see a nutritionist next saturday, hopefully things will get better in the next couple of months, and spending loads of money in holland and barrett, but hey if it helps....

nomorepanic
19-09-04, 20:48
Paul

Holland and Barrett are quite expensive - have you looked online for stuff. What sort of thing are you buying?

Nicola

Meg
20-09-04, 14:20
Hi Meesey,

When you're acutely anxious hypoglycaemia can be a transient issue anyway, so its worth taking good care of your diet for a few weeks anyway and seeing whether it helps you .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

jo-jo
20-09-04, 20:49
Hiya Meesey

Thought you might be interested in a link I've just come accross ...

www.mentalhealthproject.com

There's some useful info on diet, supplements and anxiety.

Best wishes, Jo x

meesey
24-09-04, 22:52
Thanks for the link, have been to Dr's, and had blood tests, nothing wrong with them really, still got nutritonists tomoz, see how that goes, thanks all,

Rory
26-09-04, 17:36
Yes Hypoglycemia definately affects me big time.

If I haven't eaten for quite a few hours I can get panicky. Worst times are after a night out boozing, being out for several hours drinking without nothing / not much to eat... the next morning I have had some awful panic attacks which were really hard to control as being hypo feels like a constant panic.

Also I have been bad when not eating for some time then having a couple of cups of strong coffee. Sent me haywire!

Lesson for today - just eat something regularly, even if its only a small bite just do it reguarly.

HTH
Rory