PDA

View Full Version : Hello,i'm really struggling

Angela 1964
25-11-15, 18:48
Hello i'm Angela,i'm having a really bad time at the moment with my anxiety,my husband had a heart attack 9 weeks ago and i coped really well at the time,now i'm imagining i have heart problems as well.I went to the drs and she has given me some mirtazapine tablets to try and arranged for some counselling,i have had anxiety attacks for 20 yrs but i'm really struggling at the moment.

venusbluejeans
25-11-15, 18:53
Hiya Angela 1964 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

kellie39
25-11-15, 19:18
hi Angela

i know how you feel, my hubby had a small stroke a year a go and i coped really well but all of a sudden nearly 6 weeks ago anxiety kicked in over my own health, i have never had anxiety like this before and it has totally knocked me for 6.

sending you a hug and you are not on your own
xx

Angela 1964
25-11-15, 19:26
Thank you very much :) xx

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Thank you Kellie 39,i suprised myself with how well i coped at the time but now my minds gone into overdrive,i googled some symptoms and found that womens heart attacks can be different to mens,now i've imagined i've got the symptoms of one,when i can calm myself down all the aches and twinges go away but then that one thought triggers them off again.I really hope you manage to get some relief from your anxiety and thank you for replying to my post :)xxx

31andcounting
25-11-15, 20:15
Hi Angela,

I am very sorry for what you are going through, and what you have been through. It is terrifying when something "unseen" can suddenly be so very threatening, heart disease for instance. One moment things are fine, and then your life is never the same. Plaguing ourselves with the "what ifs" is one of the many burdens that we carry, but we also tend to be very proactive and hyper-vigilant when it comes to our bodies and the symptoms we have. When my anxiety is peaking, one of my symptoms is chest pain. You have done the right thing and have gone to see your physician, you are on medication, and now you are here. Able to openly share, and hopefully receive encouragement from others. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

Angela 1964
25-11-15, 21:16
31andcounting,thank you so much for your kind words,it really does help,i hope you are ok yourself xxx

Yorkshirewife
26-11-15, 07:56
Hi Angela - I'm sorry you're struggling at the moment - I hope your husband is recovering now. I think you should be proud of how you coped when it happened and also that you've spoken to your doctor and you're getting help. I really hope you can beat this X