PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Myself

patty320
26-11-15, 15:53
Hello- I am a newbie hear and I suffer terribly with Health Anxiety. I see any little mark or feel any little pain and I think its a cancer or disease and get it checked by numerous doctors. I have had full sonograms, chest x-rays, colonoscopy, endoscopy, skin checks, etc. I am so tired and emotionally drained from this. I have a good life, a great hubby, two beautiful boys and I cant enjoy any of it. Right now I am freaking out because a few days ago I saw a red spot on my leg and of course immediately think I have the deadly skin cancer. I went to my dermatologist who told me to try a cream for 2 weeks and he thinks it will be gone. Of course, that wasn't good enough for me. I could not imagine this going away, I went to another dermatologist who said I should do cream as well or he could do a shave biopsy and take it off. I said take it off because the anxiety mind just wants it gone. Now its been 3 days since I went and I"m thinking all bad thoughts. My friend said if they thought it was skin cancer you wouldn't have gotten the option of using a cream they would have said we have to take it off. My appointment to go back is in 10 days. Do you all think if it was skin cancer I would have already heard from the doctor? So scared need advice what should I do? Thank you for listening I am crying as i"m writing this. Any help would do..

venusbluejeans
26-11-15, 15:59
Hiya patty320 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

emily67
26-11-15, 16:14
hi.

welcome to the forums