PDA

View Full Version : Anxious all the time

hopeful927
26-11-15, 16:01
I know this is not new to anyone suffering from Health Anxiety, but I feel like I go from one symptom of anxiety to the next. Once one issue is dealt with the other one comes right on its heels. What I am struggling with now is that I am constantly assessing myself, does my head feel normal, do I feel dizzy, how is my memory, are my hands shaky and the list goes on and on. I'm having a hard time breaking the habit and just having a normal day, whatever that would be.

Anyone have any advice for me on this? I really just want one normal day when I am just living my life.

Traceypo
26-11-15, 17:03
The best advice I could give would be therapy, it's the only thing that helped me break the cycle. X

ray.olsen
27-11-15, 09:18
Hey

The key about living with anxiety is to have a specific coping mechanism with each symptom. You must have a proper treatment regimen in dealing with your condition and eventually you will get better. The first thing a person with health anxiety must do is to get assurance that his condition is a mental issue and that there are no physical disorder whatsoever. So checkup is important. You will be prescribed with a medication by your clinician, but you should rely solely on the meds. Some symptoms cannot be cured by the meds alone. You should reinforce it with meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques, and many more. Ask your therapist to create a proper treatment regimen for you to follow.

Kilimanjaro
28-11-15, 00:58
I feel the same as you hopeful... It is almost instant that I start worrying about something else as soon as I have been reassured about another.. I want my life back too.
Sorry for no words of advice but wanted to let you know you are not alone with what you are going through.. Love to you and everything crossed you will get the help you need to get better.. Xx

JeffY
28-11-15, 04:14
How are you sleeping at night? I do take prozac, which I hope to come off of one day, but what has really helped me out is getting a good nights rest. I have noticed if I don't get enough sleep, it make my HA worse.

hopeful927
28-11-15, 05:04
I'm sleeping pretty good. I've been on Zoloft for a month but if anything find my anxiety worse. I don't know if I need more, less, or if Zoloft is not the one for me. It is so frustrating living like this. Thought of trying to find a support group in my city.