PDA

View Full Version : Blip: sudden relapse into heart attack fears

Alice1
26-11-15, 19:43
Hi guys, been doing well recently. The stars seemed to have aligned for me and I've been thinking like a rational person! (please ignore the irony of that sentence ;))

I had an exercise stress test last week and the Dr said absolutely nothing to worry about. Had a few ectopics but they decreased as my heart rate maxed out and they see people with hundreds a minute. Excellent!
But, (and I think this is why the blip has occurred) today I'm back to worrying about heart attacks... And I have my first ever 2K rowing test tomorrow.

I'm reading things about athletes having heart attacks in marathons and all that stuff. I know I'm 20, female, only family history of heart attacks is granddad and a few aunts, but grandma and mums going strong, slim, exercise 5-6 times a week varying intensity etc etc... Yet I'm getting worried tomorrow during this (really intense) sprint I'm gonna die.

I've been getting left jaw twinges and chest/left arm twinges but it might just be my back playing up or I twisted my neck weird in yoga earlier... I know this.

But the jaw pain and the stories I've read and all these things are just creeping up on me. That and the fact I'm super super busy lately.

I dunno I just don't want to get sucked in but I'm hanging by a thread here.

Any advice? Especially for the test tomorrow and my piece of mind as i go to bed tonight? (also as an aside, any rowers? Id love to chat!)

wheredidthiscomefrom
30-11-15, 18:04
So how did it go? I take you didn't have a heart attack? :winks:

Alice1
19-12-15, 10:34
I didn't! I still haven't and I definitely feel much better and calm!

Somehow, doing regular exercise and pushing myself, combined with the team spirit has really almost eradicated my anxiety. I feel so much more in control and ready to face it when it occurs. I think I'm still learning but the world doesn't feel quite so out of my control any more :D

Fishmanpa
19-12-15, 18:46
I didn't! I still haven't and I definitely feel much better and calm!

Somehow, doing regular exercise and pushing myself, combined with the team spirit has really almost eradicated my anxiety. I feel so much more in control and ready to face it when it occurs. I think I'm still learning but the world doesn't feel quite so out of my control any more :D

What an encouraging post! Very happy to see you've taken the dragon by the horns and taken control. What a huge difference from when you joined the forum :D

Continued success on your healing journey. Enjoy your holidays!

Positive thoughts