PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

melvin
26-11-15, 20:42
Hi guys
I've not been on here much over the last yr as i have been doing OK but I'm struggling at the moment and could go with some advice
I started feeling of balance a few weeks ago and went to docs who said could be a ear infection or a stuck bug anyway it started my health anxiety off then last Friday I went to a NHS place to look at my toe as it's been playing up while waiting I got a migraine the aura first then headaches but it went after 15 mins when she called me in I could not talk my mind just would not think I said I think you better get me a doctor it could be having a stroke he said your not but see your doctor i went on Monday and he said it was a migraine I had another in the afternoon but I was so scared I went to bed and was shaking all over it calmed down later but my anxiety was bad I asked the doctor to send me for a mri scan just in case whitch he has done but today while driving I felt a feeling of being detached from the world I was driving and working but I did not feel part of this world like I can't take in what's going off around me any way I got to a customers house and felt dizzy again then I got my pain behind my eyes and another bad headache
I made my way home but I then got the feeling I was loseing the plot is was not in this real world again kind of feeling I'm hopeing this makes sense to someone I'm sure I'm being sucker into my own world and it's scarring me and also getting my words mixed up when talking I notice all this and my anxiety is sky high

misslove
27-11-15, 03:55
Are your headaches triggered by anxIety? I know when I'm very stressed I get Terrible tension headaches. Next time you feel bad try to relax and count to 20 and take a big deep breath.

dizzy daisy
27-11-15, 09:23
Melvin I'm just the same as you. I was doing quite well anxiety wise but then bam 4 weeks ago it started off again.
I got a migraine with aura came home from work went to bed but even though I've had migraine for years I never rest I always shake with anxiety and worry myself stupid about what it could be etc etc. Anyway to top it off I've only been in my new job a few months so I said to myself oooh what could this be, what if I'm really ill and oh no I've only been in my new job a few months, what will they think of me, what if they sack me arrgh. And then that was like a red rag to a bull anxiety galore.
After a week of feeling exhausted and dizzy and my mind telling me this was all because I was suffering from some kind of serious illness I went to a walk in centre. I told them I'd had migraine the previous week but now I was feeling hit, dizzy etc. They did my vitals and said were all fine. They examined me and said had blocked ears and sore throat so probably had a bit of a virus as well. Not to worry go home and rest. Nooo I worried again and then saw a GP a few days later. They said oooh why don't we do bloods just to rule out a few things- anxiety hit the ceiling. Git myself into a state getting bloods done and a state calling to ask for results. Nothing wrong with bloods but I'm still suffering anxiety symptoms, tired, dizzy and jittery and I too sometimes feel like I'm
Detached. It's horrible and those physical symptoms are making me worry that I still might have something wrong physically. Arrgh
I find that if I'm stressed of tired I do get more headaches whether tension or migraine. I think I'm quite fearful of getting migraines even though I've had them for many years now. Xxxx

melvin
27-11-15, 16:48
Thanks for your replies guys
You sound like me dizzy

dizzy daisy
27-11-15, 17:27
It's hideous Melvin but at least I feel better knowing I'm not alone with this. It's odd because I've had migraine for years, they always freak me out, I always think there's something awful happening to me. Now I think I'm actually quite fearful of getting them. And then the anxiety on top I just feel so burnt out with it. Xxxx

CoraB
27-11-15, 17:40
Hey all,

I'm reading your posts and it all sounds really familiar to me. I've been really dizzy on the verge of passing out, all achey and limbs feel heavy and my dr has said flu as well. She seemed very sure but i'm not :-(

I really hate the dizzyness it feels like i am loosing the plot :-(

dizzy daisy
27-11-15, 18:42
Oh I know how you feel Cora it's a pain. Xxxx

melvin
27-11-15, 18:44
Don't like dizzy off balance myself cora