PDA

View Full Version : Feet issues

Xango
27-11-15, 12:02
Ok looking for abit of advice please. For the past couple of weeks I have had odd sensations in my feet. Its really hard to discribe as it can be anything from burning feeling (but not to the touch), a cold feeling, to almost prickly/tickling feeling - but not quite pins and needles.
I'm pretty paranoid its circulation, however I was out in the cold in the week all day, and my feet didnt ache, nor did I get any of the feelings, which leads me on to the next part..
The feelings are always in one foot or the other, and it seemingly changes foot daily. The feelings seem to vanish if im doing something?! Could this really just be my anxiety? I do suffer from GAD and Health Anxiety, and did the sin of all sins, look on Dr Google who filled my head with clogged arteries, nerve issues and so on..so a little terrified. Its also a 2 week waiting list to see my GP, and I don't want to waste his time if its is just my anxiety. Any suggestions/advice/similar stories? Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Anyone??

jayb1
27-11-15, 12:50
I think you've answered your own question really. You don't notice it when you're doing something . Anxiety causes all kinds of physical problems numbness,tingling aches and pains are just a few!!!!!The more you concentrate on something the more you are aware of it and it becomes a vicious circle because we are constantly feeding the anxiety. I am just starting to master the distraction technique,in fact I'm using it now to ward off a panic attack! Try to distract yourself when you feel the tingle go online not Google ! Read a book listen to some music. If you still find you're suffering then see your Gp

Mark_P
27-11-15, 16:35
Hi Xango, i can absolutely empathise with you on this one. I also spent a couple days outside in the very cold weather last weekend and the whole of this week my feet have been cold, mild prickliness and hurting a little on the soles/toe area. I have been wearing feet warming socks and it's helped somewhat, but the symptoms are still apparent.

I also have been stressed/anxious a lot more than usual for the past week, coupled with the anxiety over my feet symptoms, as well as other aches and pains and it's all a bit crazy.

I do think that the anxiety is causing both our symptoms, and i looked online yesterday and read that one of the most unknown about symptoms of anxiety/stress is feet issues, especially cold feet/toes. The problem is, anxiety causes so many issues it's very frustrating. Try to stay positive! We are all here to reassure one another, so feel free to ask more questions if you're still concerned.

Xango
30-11-15, 18:38
Thanks for your reply Mark. It's horrible isn't it!?

Sadly I'm going to have to bite the bullet and my phobia of doctors and make an appointment I think as the feeling is getting worse :weep:

Coldness, thingling, burning, Google keeps telling me it's neuropathy from diabetes or worse..is starting to make me feel really freaked out...

Terrified :(

itwillbefine
30-11-15, 19:44
Please keep us updated...

From one neuropathic googler to another: neuropathy could have more than 200 different causes, most of them not serious.

Xango
01-12-15, 10:37
Please keep us updated...

From one neuropathic googler to another: neuropathy could have more than 200 different causes, most of them not serious.

Will do.

Kinda convinced myself all all sorts of things this morning. MS being one of them.

Now I feel all shakey, hot and stuffy and wound up :( Top it all off im still not over the fly properly.

I'm sick of feeling like this :((