PDA

View Full Version : New and suffering

Nik2502
27-11-15, 10:09
Hi
My name is Nik and I'm 45 years old, mum of an 18 year old son and married for
21 years.
I suffer from recurrent depression and anxiety. Sometimes reactive, sometimes out if the blue.
I hate feeling like this and spend my days wishing it would pass only to be disappointed!
I'd like to talk to others who suffer in the same way xxx

venusbluejeans
27-11-15, 10:15
Hiya Nik2502 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

emily67
27-11-15, 10:26
hi.

welcome to the forum x

Yorkshirewife
27-11-15, 10:59
Hi - I think you've come to the right place :-)
I've found loads of information and help here - and some really kind helpful people
I hope you have a better day today x

Jherron
28-11-15, 05:09
I've had on and off depression for years. I have learned if you make you self get up and get going over time it will flee. Start out doing small things that will lead to bigger goals. Always keep up hygiene and dress your self well. I find cooking a good meal for myself lifts my spirits. Don't know why but I love cooking I just hate cleaning up after.Some good hearty food works wonders for depression. Just take it in moderation. Hang In there the days get better. I learned if I wake up in the morning thinking negative then that's the way it's gonna go. When you wake up think about how good you got it, and find a good uplifting memory to get your emotions going. once you get that little burst of happy or laughter then jump up out of the bed and go. Don't alow down, don't think just go. If your pike me I'm a train. I'm hard to get going but oh boy you better get out of they way once I get wound up.