PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 7 days without sleep, need help.

Shapeshifting Lizard
27-11-15, 14:09
I started drinking again. Initially it was a bottle of vodka a day, so eventually I went to the hospital and asked them to take me in for withdrawal. They said they wouldn't do it. Well silly me. It's not a medical emergency.

I've crashed down to half a bottle, and shortly before that the sleeplessness started. I'm so tired I hear voices, mainly at night, and they're all of people outside or around me saying they're gonna beat me up or kill me. The only way I can assure sleep is to get drunk but I can't, because my tolerance is so high and just the thought of drinking more alcohol makes me puke.

I'm at my wit's end. I want someone to just dose me up with meds for one night just so I can sleep. Last night I could drift off, but I would have horrific nightmares and wake up straight away each time dripping with sweat.

jimsmrs
27-11-15, 15:29
Go and see your GP. ASAP

daisyflower
27-11-15, 22:34
You need to get professional help asap, please go to the doctor before you hurt yourself. Well done for wanting to get help, you can do this

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-15, 23:37
Have you spoken to your mum recently? You have said before how she is one person you can rely on and she helped get you into that residential unit a while back when you didn't want to go into a rehab one.

You really do need to see your GP so they can find you some options. If you need support right now don't forget you can always call The Samaritans.