PDA

View Full Version : wake up choking

cornishbumkin
27-11-15, 16:42
I have been choking on imaginary objects in my sleep for over 8 years now. Its pretty scary to go through life like this.

I wake up after 30 minutes or so and jump out of bed and I feel like I am about to die. Its so real, and I am so aware. My choking sensations range from swallowing pens to toy cars. and then after a few seconds i realize it's happened again.

Also a few nights ago i went to sleep and after a few minutes i found myself stood up with lights flashing in my eyes and could not see for about 20 or 30 seconds, just wondering if it was from loss of oxygen. I sometimes wonder if i will die one night in my sleep from all this.

My doctor said get my eyes tested because it's over 6 years since having them tested and with me working on computers all the time.

Anyone else have problems like this ?

rooby
27-11-15, 22:00
Yes I often wake up choking it is scary and horrible and I sympathize with you. One minute I'm fast asleep next minute I'm gasping and choking wide awake. My Dr said its caused by anxiety attack during sleep. I keep throat sweets by the bed and water.

cornishbumkin
27-11-15, 22:19
Yes I often wake up choking it is scary and horrible and I sympathize with you. One minute I'm fast asleep next minute I'm gasping and choking wide awake. My Dr said its caused by anxiety attack during sleep. I keep throat sweets by the bed and water.

All the doctors i talk ask say it's a dream.