PDA

View Full Version : Any similar situations ?

elik
27-11-15, 21:44
So I admitted myself last night to The Priory and I can safely say that I am absolutely petrified of what's become of my young life. I feel and appear relatively calm but Im very concerned for myself and I'm scared of my own brain and how it's been wired over the years and the fear that it's too stubborn for anything too actually work :( has anyone been in such a rock bottom
Hopeless place? Thank you

MrAndy
27-11-15, 21:54
I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital three years ago ,it was the lowest point of my life
I came out and ended up going back in ,my life was in turmoil but I slowly clawed my way back to recovery.
Get the help you need and start your journey to recovery ,you can get over this

MyNameIsTerry
28-11-15, 04:57
I think when it comes to people being frustrated about being trapped in situations they don't want to be, you've got the right forum...as it's probably been all of us at some point. When it gets to this point everything is overwhelming and you don't feel like you can make even an inch of progress. At this point it really does need to be about microsteps. At first it may feel rubbish doing them, it may even feel ok as it's something achieved to then become verty dull & boring because you don't feel it anymore BUT this is about how cumulative steps will become a bigger achievement over time.

Don't put deadlines on yourself, start small and determine what it us you want. The latter one can be frustrating in itself because goals need to be realistic & achievable or you will just upset yourself.

Try to be as honest with them as you can and with yourself. We are not only masters of hiding things from others but also avoiding looking at ourselves, sadly something I have my own issues with, but I think unless you are honest with yourself you only hinder yourself and head into ruts & further problems.

I hope you can get some peace & rest while you are there as well as more tools & techniques to help you through all this. There are many forms of therapy out there, it's not just CBT, and some add work with emotions into CBT forms.

ray.olsen
29-11-15, 09:37
Hey

I find no shame in being admitted to mental health facilities. I'd rather stay there than end up in prison. I know it's difficult but in dealing with mental health issues, it is pivotal to have a lot of patience, resilience, and discipline. Sometimes treatments won't be enough and will power is all it takes to be okay.

You would have the best source of help in hospitals so acknowledge it and don't feel embarrass. If your brain is against you then fight it with your heart. Determination will give you the control you are longing for. Just don't give up and continue fighting. A simple prayer will also give so much.

jimsmrs
29-11-15, 12:56
You've done the right thing,
you know how you feel and you made a big step in find help, you need to be proud of yourself