PDA

View Full Version : bad panic attack after eating?

scorpion91
27-11-15, 22:24
I've been noticing for a few days now, I've been getting bad panic attack after eating any type of food and drinking anything.

I describe these panic attacks:
head rush
feeling of increased blood pressure/heart rate
palpitation
lightheaded
heaviness in head
brief dizzy
increased blood flow feeling in head/neck

In addition, I feel like I have some constipation indirectly or directly related to this. I have taken fiber for that, but hardly has imporved anything.

I do take Hydroxzine 25mg (1-2x) yet I still have these symptoms.

I'm unsure if these attacks are normal with anxiety/panic attacks. I'm unsure if it's the food I'm eating is causing this or is it just the environment or both or something else. I'm just afraid of eating one day and having a heart attack or stroke.

If this is a panic attack, it feels really bad. It feel like a gastro-neuro-cardio like symptoms I'm feeling.

Jherron
28-11-15, 06:30
Same thing happens to me sometimes. Except I get bad dizzy and feel stoned for an hour after a big meal. I mean flat out euphoric kinda high. My blood sugar is always good. It's just seems to be the blood flow being diverted to digestion. If your concerned see a GI doctor. You may be feeling the normal increase in blood pressure after eating. Get a BP monitor and check your BP before any meal in the morning then check it 15mins after a meal. Then measure at 15 min intervals up to an hour. I have had the same thing for years and it ain't got me yet. It's a pain sometimes when it makes my legs weak and I have to lay down until my BP comes back up. Try eating 6 small meals a day.

GingerFish
28-11-15, 09:29
I had a bad panic attack last night after eating and it was the first time it had happened during eating for ages. I put it down to the fact I ate like a pig and maybe somewhere in my mind I was worried I would be sick or something as I have a phobia of sickness. Panic attacks after eating are quite common.