PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could beat this... Do I need meds???

Kilimanjaro
28-11-15, 00:54
So went to Docs yesterday about my lymph nodes in my groin. She was lovely and not at all judgemental. She said she is not at all worried about them and told me Docs really don't take any chances and if she only had slight concerns she would take action and she has none whatsoever with me..
So had a good night last night with the children but today my leg feels sore and like it is throbbing and when I feel it I can feel a small lump so already I am moving on and terrified of something else. I don't want to sleep in case it is a blood clot or a stroke or something and I die.. It is just what if, what if all the time.. I cannot take much more... The feelings I am feeling in my leg are very real and I have no explanation for them...

I hate living like this. I refused meds as still breast feeding my baby boy but Dic wants me to trial them for 3 months when I have finished.. She said if they make no difference then fine but I might find they really make my life better? What do people think? Do meds really help??

Traceypo
28-11-15, 08:56
Hi hun, I've always refused meds, I fear the side effects and also worry I'd need to be on them for life. If you're brave enough to give them a go, then good for you. I've found CBT to be the most useful for me. It gives me the forum to challenge myself and to expand the safe zone I've created for myself. It also helps me to look at the negative behaviours and eliminate or reduce them.
Good luck hun xxx

dizzy daisy
28-11-15, 09:30
Well done for going it takes a lot but do you see what was said in other posts is tha reassurance doesn't really work when we're in this state. It's only us that can make the difference when we allow ourselves to accept that we are well physically.
The pain will most likely be muscle tension. I could hardly sleep last night because of spasms in my shoulder. I too have the what ifs but am desperately telling myself I know I've been stressed the last month quite badly so it's bound to have taken its toll on my muscles etc.
I'm thinking about meds too. I've not had them before but some of my friends do and they say they have helped them. Think about it as it's a personal decision but just remember if we had a physical condition we'd take treatment for that so it's no shame in accepting help for emotional conditions either xxxx

Yorkshirewife
28-11-15, 09:41
I tried the Sertraline suggested by the doc but the side effects made me feel so ill and much worse than before? I'm trying relaxation and distraction techniques which I read about on here, but I've read lots on here about people having success with meds so I think it's very much an individual thing? I'm glad your doctor is supportive - that really helps too x

jimsmrs
28-11-15, 13:17
Soooo glad you went to the Drs. How old is your baby boy??? You may also have underlying post-natal depression.

As Yorkshirewife has said, meds didn't suit her, but everybody is different, some can tolerate one type of meds, others can't. As dizzydaisy said if it's a physical thing, like a broken arm you wouldn't refuse a plaster cast on it cos you read somewhere that someone got an allergic reaction to plaster!!!!?
Look at the natural route aswell, vitamins and supplements etc and ask your GP to check your Thyroid function too.

Talk to your Health Visitor aswell if she's coming around.

Take care:hugs:

ray.olsen
29-11-15, 09:16
Hey

I'm not a fan of medications but there are instances where meds are really necessary. Only your doctor have the power to prescribe and decide if you need to take medications for they have assessed and diagnosed your condition. If you really don't want to take up meds you can actually ask your doctor to recommend other alternative approaches. The other members had already given some wise insights. It's now up to you and your doctor to make a decision.