PDA

View Full Version : Help: meltdown over MS

CoraB
29-11-15, 13:04
Hi all,

I need some help desperately here, hoping some of the veteran NMP peeps can help me.

I've been having some really weird symptoms and I'm scared so much it is MS as two of my relatives have it. I keep trying to reassure myself that it is anxiety but I've had anxiety for years, sometimes worse than this and never has these symptoms :huh:

- pains in my legs - on and off over past 6 months. On occassions it has been difficult to walk. Since a week ago pains in both legs, thighs, shins, claves and feet. Sometimes crampy, sometimes sharp or twitchy.

- neck aches and pains going up into the side of my face, more like a feeling my neck is weak and cannot hold my head up. sometimes the side of my face feels really cold/tingly.

- left arm and shoulder constantly achey and feel very heavy so much so it is an effort to hold a cup of tea. Other arm also mild achey. Typing like this makes all my arm and neck ache. On my forearm it even hurts to press where the pain is.

- feeling dizzy, like i can't think straight, like i can't think of certain words. I bit like swaying. Last week I felt like i was going to pass out. Also feel shaky like my legs are trembling.

I feel convinced my life is over and i keep thinking about what i would do if it was MS like i couldn't stay in my house as the stairs will become an issue and how would we pay the bills if I can't work and all the things i want to see and do but won't be able to. And how long will my husband stick by me when i can't do stuff and he has to look after me.

I feel like i am having a complete meltdown. Is it even possible all this is anxiety? I have a drs appointment tomorrow so obviously will talk to the dr but has anyone been through similar?

Mary2
29-11-15, 21:03
Hey, it's me again. :D
Me! I had all of your symptoms this summer.
The only diference is the leg pain? I didn't have pain exactly? More like I was feeling them super weak and I couldn't walk. When I was walking I was getting more dizzy. My head was feeling heavy and I was feeling like I will fall/faint. I was convinced that I will die in my sleep. I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. Hope you will feel better soon! Hugs!

CoraB
30-11-15, 11:16
Thanks Mary2 :-) I freaking out about going to the doctors as I just know whatever they do i will feel bad. If they say "it's all anxiety" I will be cross and angry that they aren't doing proper checks and if the refer me and say "yea it could be something" I will be in a mass panic thinking they know its serious.

I'm going to write a list of my symptoms. I feel like I am going to have a meltdown in there and just cry. I don't know if I should ask for another sick note or try and go back to work but once again I am worried about making a fool of myself if i freak out again there.

CoraB
30-11-15, 16:27
So, just back from Drs and they still says it's viral. I told them about my MS concern and she said nothing I said made her think MS. Not convinced she read my list properly and now i'm thinking should I look into going private for a scan.

what really gets to me is the waiting and it will be weeks before i get another appointment, probably another few appointments before any referral and then 3-4 months before referral.

Feeling hopeless!