PDA

View Full Version : Who do you keep in your support system and how much do you tell them?

kkmb
29-11-15, 18:52
I generally always tell my fiance about when and why I am anxious, but sometimes by the time I get home, I can't even remember the source of the anxiety. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty telling every time because there is really nothing he can do in that moment. How/when/what/why do you communicate with your support system?

apm
29-11-15, 20:09
I really rely on my wife- I often just tell her how I am feeling, and about my expectations for what's going to happen, in terms of getting past the side effects of my meds. I also talk with my best friend, who is very supportive. I'm very lucky, I think! :yesyes:

dedalus
29-11-15, 20:58
I am single and I live by myself. I meet my best friend at least once weekly. If there is something that is bothering me I can discuss it with him. I am lucky to have him. He shares problems with me also.

There are some other people (friends possibly, acquaintances possibly) that I see less frequently, mostly on an individual basis but sometimes in groups.

However, I tend not to share problems with them as much as I don't want to be boring them/burdening them. The setting is not always appropriate anyway if people are out to have laugh and have fun. But, I tend to shy away from groups anyway.