PDA

View Full Version : worried bout my son sick at night ��

Beckie4567
29-11-15, 20:23
I my son is 5 years old and started reception in Sept . He has had a strange sickness thing bout a month ago where he's being sick in the night and not during the day.it went on for bout 4 nights of sickness before it stopped on that time he went off his food but that gradually came bk. Well 8 weeks on he's got this again.sickness the last three nights not sick on the day ?? I don't feel its a bug as none of us have got it.he stirs on night and crys hes feeling sick I'm getting concerned of a tumour or something has anyone else experienced this with there little one xx

daisyflower
29-11-15, 21:09
It's often the night that kids vomit anyway. He might be a bit nauseous and has some mucus issues at night that are exasperated while lying down. I've never heard of any tumour making you sick at night only. Hope he's better quickly, nothing worse than when your kids are poorly. My 3 year old just got over nasty tonsillitis with a fever of 40.1...not fun! X

Beckie4567
29-11-15, 21:26
Thanks hun appreciate reply xx

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Brain tumour I was on about x

nomorepanic
29-11-15, 22:19
Last time I think I suggested it could be indigestion or acid reflux. Did you ask the doc about this?

Beckie4567
29-11-15, 22:21
No I'm taking him bk wed its the second time its happened now in two months ��

Fishmanpa
29-11-15, 22:30
My gut is telling me he's worried about his Mum or is overly concerned about something and it's affecting him physically. Hope all goes well at the doctor.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
30-11-15, 16:01
I don't think stress can cause u to be woken up by sickness ?? And also not eat properly no offence there's nothing he can be stressed about hes 5 for god sake

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

I've been stressed and anxious for 6" years and this has never happened to me

Sunflower2
30-11-15, 17:49
Beckie, why don't you ask him if anything is bothering him? I'm pretty certain a brain tumour would make anyone feel really terrible ALL THE TIME not just now and then at certain times of the day. When I was that age I had some pretty big phobias over things, kids can get really really stressed without you realising.

Beckie4567
30-11-15, 18:59
I just read a story where a 6 year old was as sick every morning for weeks and was fine in day and had one .i mean he has been off his food like its a bug but its happened twice now in two months its not nice to see him like that

daisyflower
30-11-15, 20:43
It wouldn't have gone away for 2 months if it was anything to worry about. Could be something he's eating that isn't agreeing with him and causing acid etc when lying down. I worry about everything and I really wouldn't be concerned about that X

Beckie4567
30-11-15, 21:19
And if it comes back ? I'll let u no how I get ob with him Wednesday

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

145 views and no ones experienced this great

Traceypo
01-12-15, 07:33
Hi Becki,
Just because 145 people have viewed this thread, doesn't mean they haven't experienced it. A lot of people on this forum are guests and don't have an account to reply.
I know from experience with my little boy, and chats with the paediatrician at my local hospital, that young children feel any kind of upset or stress in their tummy.
I was going away for a weekend with friends and the days leading up to it, my son was bent over double in pain, I took him to my Doctors, Walk In and A&E over a period of days, there was nothing physically wrong with him, and it was anxiety around me going away.
Hope you get the answers you need from your Gp.
X

daisyflower
01-12-15, 11:21
It doesn't mean that people haven't experienced it, maybe they just haven't been worried about it? I'm 29 now but I remember distinctly vomiting every night (not in the day) for about 5 nights when I must have been under the age of 7. I only remember this because I remember my mum standing in the doorway banging her head on the wall in frustration because id ruined more bed covers. I always have friends on my Facebook complaining that their kid has just thrown up all over the bed. It's just not a big deal to them as they don't have health anxiety

Beckie4567
01-12-15, 21:13
Does anyone no if yellowy poo is normal after sickness bug hes just been and it was yellowy x

nomorepanic
01-12-15, 22:00
145 views and no ones experienced this great

They are not all real people - they are robots scanning the site for search engines

daisyflower
02-12-15, 07:04
Yes yellowey means it's just passed through his body quickly...the longer it takes the browner it is.
You need to focus on treating your anxiety regarding your son's health, being so anxious about his health like this can be a dangerous thing and you don't want it getting worse X

Beckie4567
02-12-15, 12:42
Just took him up docters they sed the pattern is abit strange but hes not concerened checked him over including his wee and sed all I normal sending him for a blood test just to check everything over tomoz so worried and scared �� x

daisyflower
02-12-15, 12:54
Can tell you don't live in the UK, he wouldn't be getting bloods done for 2 sickness bugs, that's for sure!

Beckie4567
02-12-15, 16:38

Beckie4567
02-12-15, 21:21
I do like in the UK actually my location is wrong and how do w wee no there sickness bugs

Traceypo
03-12-15, 07:51
Hi Becki,
Turn your last post around and ask yourself how do you know they're not sickness bugs, what evidence have you got that it's anything more sinister than a tummy bug.
If you're in the UK, please check out the referral system for talking therapies, I really think it would be useful for you to talk through your fears with someone who is trained to do that.
Take it from someone who knows, anxiety can spiral out of control very quickly and whilst none of us want that to impact on our children, it's likely too in someway.
I know you love your child, and you're worried, wait out the results of the tests then please look at getting some support for you.
Xxx

Beckie4567
03-12-15, 09:25
But the doctor admitted it is a strange cycle going for bloods today will let u all no results��

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Because since wen do u here two lots of sickness where there only sick at night for three night ?

Beckie4567
03-12-15, 14:05
Just had bloods now anxious wait for results do u no how long it takes to get results bk I'm terrified here

Traceypo
03-12-15, 14:44
I don't hun, ask the receptionist, they should know. X

Beckie4567
03-12-15, 16:17
I'll ring up tomoz or Monday

Chocolateface
03-12-15, 21:05
Hi

Ask to speak to the teacher at school just to rule out any issues there, going into reception is a big step, plus if the school are aware they may look more closely for anything being missed, hope he is ok soon.

Clare

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Sorry forgot to add, if he is sick at nights cover his pillow and bed with a towel then if he does vomit scoop up the towel rinse off in the shower and put it in the washing machine ready to wash, it sure beats changing beds in the night and dealing with sick bedding

Clare

Beckie4567
04-12-15, 12:43
Just rang up results are back but doc hasn't looked at them yet I'm petrified if it was drastically bad wud it have gone to duty doc

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Just tang docs bloods r back I've gota make a routine appointment in freaking out now they cant give me an emergency one as it dosnt say urgent freaking out don't no what to do

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Please someone comment on my post I'm still waiting from call from docter I've asked him to ring me as I cant wait for a routine appointment next week

daisyflower
04-12-15, 13:08
If it hasn't been flagged as urgent, there's nothing urgently wrong with the results at all. If there's anything, it's something minor

Beckie4567
04-12-15, 13:20
I just get it he knows my anxiety he sed he wud ring if there was anything wrong and yet he writes make a routine appointment I mean why wud he do that I now have to wait a week for an appointment as the receptionist sed its not urgent and him knowing me knows I'm just guns worry.i asked for him to ring me today I cant wait a week for this hes my son

Traceypo
04-12-15, 13:46
I understand it's difficult to wait and it raises your anxiety, however, if it was urgent the GP would have marked it as that. Would you want to take an urgent appointment away from someone who desperately needed that appointment. The best advice I can give, is look into ways of managing your anxiety, whether that be self help, medication or therapy.

Beckie4567
04-12-15, 14:03
No but its my son its worse wen its ya kids still hasn't rung yet something was obviously wrong otherwise he wudnt of sed make an appointment

daisyflower
04-12-15, 18:37
Did the dr reassure you?

Beckie4567
04-12-15, 21:14
He sed bloods were normal apart from slightly anemic dosnt really explain the two bouts of sickness tho but serious things like leukiema have been ruled out lets hope it was just a bug twice if he has anymore bouts of sickness gota go bk to see him

Traceypo
04-12-15, 21:48
So pleased for you Beckie, it is such a worry when our little ones are poorly. Slightly anaemic would be most likely easy to treat with a change in diet.
What's your thoughts on getting support for yourself?
Xxx

Beckie4567
04-12-15, 21:59
Thankyou I'm still worried hes guna be sick again and what's causing it ��

Traceypo
04-12-15, 22:03
I'm more worried about you hun, has your doctor discussed ways of managing your anxiety? He's had a thorough check up, and other than the slight anaemia, he's fine, you've got to start believing that. Xxx

Beckie4567
05-12-15, 00:02
Thanks trace means alot. Yeah I'm going therapy havnt been for few weeks as she's been unwell its been going well but this has spiralled it out of control again ��

Traceypo
05-12-15, 07:50
Pleased to hear that, I've been where you are, many times and I understand it's a scary place to be.
Xxx

justina
05-12-15, 21:34
Had he been eating ok before the episodes?

One of my kids get sick when he eats too little carbs and get low blood sugar during the night.

Beckie4567
05-12-15, 22:05
I think so I'm not to sure to be honest hopefully ot wont happen again