PDA

View Full Version : Shaking badly,help please

misfits73
29-11-15, 21:37
Had a panic attack last year while waiting in the queue to pay in a big store.
My legs/arms started shaking, i managed to pay and get out;i thought my sugar level dropped.Had something sweet but i realized i couldnt remain calm.
I was avoiding getting out and every time i was going to work it was terrible, so i decided to visit our family doctor.
He prescribed me Xanax 0.25mg twice a day which felt very good, no shaking, no panic etc but after 6 hours same thing again.

In the mean time i was avoiding going out when not needed.

I decided to visit a psychiatrist and he put me on Zoloft along with Xanax.Zoloft was good for social phobia but i couldnt stand the side effect of being more shaky (internally) so i continued Xanax to keep me calm.

After 3 months on Zoloft we switched to Lexapro 15mg which i believe does nothing so i reached to the point of feeling desperate.I'm 3 months on Lexapro now but i cant go out without taking Xanax, tried but it was a bad experience.

I'm not suffering from depression,i believe its anxiety and social phobia, i have a great job, making good money, i enjoy going out with friends meet people etc.

My problem is the physical symptom of shaking, when i wake up, before i go to work, before i go to a gig, before a date etc etc
Without Xanax i can't raise a cup of coffee when i'm out!

In the next appointment we'll discuss of new medication as i want to stop taking Xanax (it's been now 15 months on it)

So here comes the forum, do i need SSRIs for my symptoms or am i loosing time (as i wait at least 3 months waiting to kick in) when there is something else for my case?

Thanks