PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

y1981m2003
30-11-15, 04:15
I'm a 34 year old mother of 2 who suffers from anxiety. In my late teens/ early 20's it seemed to manifest itself as IBS. Things got very intense three years ago. It now rears its ugly head primarily through health anxiety. Managing it consumes me at times.

For the last two years I have had a slightly elevated wbc and a recurring swollen lymph node on my face, near my ear. It kick starts my anxiety. It's so hard to calm myself down when there is fuel for the fire!

I was referred to a hematologist/oncologist and he has no idea what is wrong. I had 2 tests that screen for Leukemia/Lymphoma and they came back negative. The next step would be a bone marrow biopsy and/or a full body scan but he doesn't think there is enough evidence to put me through those procedures. His approach is to wait and see. He does not seem overly concerned about it so as of now I get tested every 3 months or so.

I hate this. I hate obsessing. I hate googling. I hate not knowing.

venusbluejeans
30-11-15, 04:35
Hiya y1981m2003 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Yorkshirewife
30-11-15, 09:26
If your doctor is happy to wait and see can you trust his experience? If not can you ask for the tests anyway - to put your mind at rest?

Do you take any medication for your anxiety? Have you tried any relaxation techniques?

I hope you have a butter day today x