PDA

View Full Version : Aggression

uru
30-11-15, 14:12
Couple of times over the last year I've been really irritable and have just blown up at family members.

Red mist, totally lost control.

This is very out of character for me. Could it be related to anxiety?

Fishmanpa
30-11-15, 15:08
I'm not an anxiety sufferer. That being said, I do have some "scanxiety" and have battled some depression due to health problems.

While I've had some physical manifestations of "scanxiety" (chest pain, reflux...), 99% of the time I'm good. When check up time comes around the "scanxiety" tends to kick in and I recognize it due to irritability with just about everything. I have a "chill pill" I take that helps until I get the all clear.

So yes, I do believe that irritability is a definite symptom of stress and anxiety.

Positive thoughts

debs71
01-12-15, 04:06
Yep, it is definitely related to both anxiety and depression.

I am the same. I suffer from GAD and depression and I am unbelievably irritable. My Mum has called me out on it lately. She says I do blow up at the slightest thing - things that others would see as no big deal. I am well aware I do it, but it is kind of an uncontrollable thing for me, and after I do it I ask myself 'why do I get like that?'

It is very upsetting and frustrating.:weep:

MyNameIsTerry
01-12-15, 04:53
Well we are always saying mental health should be no different to physical health when it comes to treatment, stigma, etc. Why should it be any different when it comes to being irritated? How many happy smiley people do we know with a plaster cast on? Don't they get ittitable at times?

When we are in pain, we get irritated, we lash out, we can be aggressive.