PDA

View Full Version : Fear of being misdiagnosed.

stressedanxious
30-11-15, 15:20
I have post traumatic stress disorder, because one of my family members was misdiagnosed 3 times and almost died from a disease. I am so scared to trust doctors because I am afraid that I will be misdiagnosed too.

Right now I am very worried about Chagas Diease. I have two bug bites one on my butt one on my arm, and I have a fever of 99, and it goes up to 100.1 I feel very fatigue, tired, loss of appetite, and nauseous. I really am scared.

Im worried I may have been bit by a kissing bug. I want to go to the doctor and have them test me for Chagas Diease but I am afraid they will laugh in my face, but I really am concerned. What should I do???? :// What would u do?

Fishmanpa
30-11-15, 16:00
What would u do?

I know the media storm is responsible for this as several threads are popping up on the forums. Same thing happened with the ALS challenge and ebola (and every other scare the media puts out there). It's the general nature of an anxiety/HA sufferer to gravitate towards and think the worst case scenario.

The truth of the matter is, it has to be the "perfect storm" of events for this to happen. It's akin to the brain eating amoeba.

What would I do? Nothing actually. But if I were you, I would speak to your GP about help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

uru
30-11-15, 16:04
The truth of the matter is, it has to be the "perfect storm" of events for this to happen. It's akin to the brain eating amoeba.

Tell me more about this brain eating amoeba...

Fishmanpa
30-11-15, 16:35
It's the general nature of an anxiety/HA sufferer to gravitate towards and think the worst case scenario.

Tell me more about this brain eating amoeba...

Case in point!! And don't EVEN go there!! ~lol~ There are people who literally are afraid to shower for fear of this!

Positive thoughts