PDA

View Full Version : Knee Pain anyone?

jonno182
30-11-15, 19:58
I have all the usual weird anxiety symptoms but one that really troubles me is knee pain and aching legs. I have come a long way regarding my anxiety but I have just started running again and the pain in the knees during exercise is terrible.

Fishmanpa
30-11-15, 20:25
I wouldn't say that sore knees, especially since you just started running again, would be a symptom of anxiety as much as normal muscle and joint pain from the obvious. Take it slow and build up your stamina and muscles. Use some OTC pain relief and a heating pad to help relieve your discomfort. I did a 4 mile hike last Friday and I'm still feeling it! ;)

Positive thoughts

jonno182
30-11-15, 20:30
Thank you for the reply, I meant to say that I have had aching legs/knees since the anxiety set in. But it's a symptom that still hangs around and impedes my running. Can aching legs/knees be a symptom? That's what I am asking in a long about way haha.

CoraB
30-11-15, 20:51
I would like to know that too. My legs and arms hurt and ache and i'm so worried its some kind of degenerative disease or something.

Jonno182 can i ask was the pain sharp at all? Mine is mostly crampy and dull ache but sometimes sharp especially in feet and hands.

katyfitz
30-11-15, 21:08
My thighs and hip are aching today like they feel like they are going to collapse. Joey i hope u feel better soonx

jonno182
30-11-15, 21:32
Yes CoraB my legs ache like a cramp feeling I describe it like toothache in my legs if that helps?

Fishmanpa
30-11-15, 21:36
I can't actually say but some common sense associations do make sense. Anxiety does cause muscle tension which in turn can cause you to over or under compensate the way you sit, walk or run which can lead to joint pain.

If you're not eating properly due to anxiety and stress, that can contribute to joint pain (not enough calcium or other essential nutrients and vitamins)

And then there's the way many sufferers are hyper focused on physical symptoms. For people without anxiety, a minor ache or niggle is often ignored. Not so with many anxiety sufferers. Being hyper focused on what would be considered an annoyance to others may seem extremely painful to the sufferer.

So, while there may not be a direct correlation like twitches and other symptoms, it would seem to make sense that there are indirect links.

Positive thoughts

jonno182
30-11-15, 21:54
Thanks for that Fishmanpa that makes a lot of sense also I have put weight on during this anxious filled year I wonder if that's had a toll on them knees.