PDA

View Full Version : Ok this might be kinda gross..... Be warned!

misslove
30-11-15, 20:38
I had a pretty yucky cold and now I'm sure it has turned into a sinus infection. Thing a smell terrible and I have s horrible taste in my mouth and my boogies are gross green/yellow. I'm not a huge fan of cough medicine but I can feel it in my throat. I can't cough it out and I blow my nose like crazy and some comes out. My question is how to I get it out of my throat??? It's so nasty and uncomfortable!! I just want it to clear up but no matter how much I blow my nose it just comes right back in a few hours. Sorry for the grossness!

misslove
01-12-15, 03:00
Nobody into the grossness? Lol. How can I fight this thing without going to the dr? It doesn't really hurt I'm just congested and runny and now my throat hurts so

MyNameIsTerry
01-12-15, 08:11
Gargling with warm salt water is helpful to cleanse the area.

I think this is why those netipot things have been mentioned a few times on here. swgrl knows all about them.

Plenty of vitamin C spread across your day too.

misslove
01-12-15, 18:13
Ya I've been using one and it only helps for a few hours. I think I'm gonna go to the pharmacy and get some vitamin C and maybe some Tylenol sinus.

MyNameIsTerry
01-12-15, 22:19
Munchlet mentioned she was using saline, not sure if you always do so here is her thread in case there are some other tips she found from others:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=172307&highlight=Netipot

Jherron
04-12-15, 02:32
Humidifier! Been there done that, had the nasty smell. Someone told me it's the bacteria dying off. Makes sense as that's how a AC system smells when bacteria setup in it during the fall. The first blast of heat during the winter kills them in the air duct. This is on a car though don't know how close this is to the human nose lol

Fishmanpa
04-12-15, 02:39
Gross? I have news for ya... this ain't nothin' compared to some of the poo threads I've read! :roflmao:

Positive thoughts

misslove
04-12-15, 20:19
Lol. I think it's finally starting to clear up! I'm sure just in time for another cold to make it way through our house. :/