PDA

View Full Version : Sore coxis and rectal issues? HELP?

NicoleBx
30-11-15, 20:55
Hello everyone. At the moment I'm suffering with terrible health anxiety it's literally awful and it's ruining my life! It all started with what was a tummy bug and after that I've been so anxious I think because the doctor realised I had lost loads of weight unexplained. Since then I've been fixated with the fact that something is seriously wrong with me. I've been having terrible pressure in my anus like I constantly need a poo (sorry for the info) and also like pain in my coxis and tenderness which is driving me mad! I've been taking ibuprofen but it hasn't changed nothing. I had my bloods done and they're OK, I've also had a rectal exam and he said everything was OK. He's trying to fast track me to see someone at the hospital asap. I'm only 23 and really want to get better for my daughters sake but feel like this is dragging me down! My family have been brilliant but they don't really understand, any help or just a chat would really be appreciated! Xxx

KayeS
30-11-15, 20:59
For the past month, I have had pretty much the exact same issues. Pain in my coccyx (although not actually to press on it), and also extremely strange sensations down there which, like you, make me feel as if I need to go. It's like a spasming sensation!

NicoleBx
30-11-15, 21:21
Have you found out what is wrong Hun? Am
I the only one that's panicking? It's awful my doctors probably think I'm
Being stupid !

KayeS
30-11-15, 21:51
No I've been in a real panic about it for the last 3 weeks! I was having awful abdominal problems for the last few months and had a colonoscopy a month ago and everything was fine... and since then it's been this problem! Does your coccyx hurt if you press on it? Because mine actually doesn't, it just hurts sometimes when I'm sitting, sometimes when standing, sometimes when lying down.... But the pressure sensation/spasming is almost worse because it's extremely uncomfortable :/

NicoleBx
30-11-15, 22:03
I'm due for a colonscopy soon and hoping everything is normal. I have lost loads of unexplained weight and that's triggered off my anxiety. I have the same feeling and in my bum cheeks! I also feel like something is stuck in my bum and I can never relieve it. Hate feeling like this but glad we have eachother xx

KayeS
30-11-15, 22:10
I'm due for a colonscopy soon and hoping everything is normal. I have lost loads of unexplained weight and that's triggered off my anxiety. I have the same feeling and in my bum cheeks! I also feel like something is stuck in my bum and I can never relieve it. Hate feeling like this but glad we have eachother xx

Yeah I've been having pain in the bum cheeks on and off too.... I think it's most likely nerve irritation like sciatica? It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one experiencing this as it seems quite an uncommon thing!

NicoleBx
30-11-15, 22:15
I think my anxiety has kicked it off and made me all tense and more a aware of what happens, doctor is trying to fast forward my colonscopy and hopefully everything is ok with me. Yes it is quite uncommon but some people have sufferered for years it's a shame honestly. Be nice if we could keep in touch. Have u been to your gp about it ? X

KayeS
30-11-15, 22:52
Yeah we should definitely keep each other updated. Feel free to message me any time about it.

I have been to my GP about it who did an x-ray which came back normal, as I thought it would as I know I haven't broken the bone... Went back today and felt quite reassured that the symptoms didn't indicate it was anything serious. I've just been doing stretches and avoiding sitting as much as possible!

That's good that they might be able to get you your colonoscopy a bit sooner. Waiting for things is definitely the worst part.

jojo69
28-12-15, 11:20
im having the same problem i was just wondering if you guys also experience trapped wind im also avoiding sitting down as its so uncomfortable when i do pass wind its pathetic like little bits of gas escaping its got me so irratable im arguing with everyone especially my husband as he doesnt understand does your bum cheeks go numb as well coz mine does xxx

Traceypo
28-12-15, 11:38
Hi, I have a cyst in that area, it's called a pilonidal cyst and during flare ups it can get very sore. My bum cheeks can get numb but that's because I change the way I sit to make it more comfortable and place more pressure on my bum cheeks.
Xx

jojo69
28-12-15, 19:43
no ive had an mri scan said i have an enlarged uterus and a fibroid also have a rectocele just wondering if anyone had any home treatments x

Elen
28-12-15, 19:45
I had exactly these symptoms a couple of years ago.

tbh I never bothered finding out what was causing it but it cleared up on its own.

poppy77
29-12-15, 07:06
Could be weakened pelvic floor after pregnancy and childbirth. Go and see a physio..

I had coccyx pain after having my second son and went to a physio. Things improved after a few sessions.

uru
29-12-15, 10:24
Proctalgia fugax?